Saturday, January 16, 2021

He is Able 1/15-21/21

 15-21 January 2021 – Manna by Dorothy & Tony Callies 

 Song: He’s Able

He’s able, He’s able, I know He’s able

I know my Lord is able to carry me through.

He’s able, He’s able, I know He’s able

I know my Lord is able to carry me through.

For He has healed the broken hearted

And He set the captive free,

He healed the sick, He raised the dead

And He caused the blind to see;

Oh yes, He’s able, He’s able,

     I know He’s able

I know my Lord is able to carry me through.

[Inspiring Song]

 Because of this song, “He’s able” I found reference in Matthew 9:28-30 KJV: “And when he (Jesus) was come into the house, the blind men came to Him: and Jesus said unto them, Believe ye that I am able to do this? They said unto Him, Yea, Lord. Then he (Jesus) touched their eyes, saying, ‘According to your faith be it unto you.’ And their eyes were opened …”

 Dorothy: I was looking for devotion … I came to that song, He is able. I had never seen this chorus before.  While I was singing the song, I felt like the song was putting “air” into my being (body, soul & spirit). I felt like a “low tire of a car” that needs to be filled up with more air. I remember God’s word on hymns so I use this reference to find Ephesians 5:19 “Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody into your heart to the Lord.”

 What impressed me more when I found another reference in Colossians 3:16 “Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing (encouraging) one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.” It inspires me to realize that we are to encourage one another in songs. The song uplift us, release us, heals us and create the unity in Spirit.

 Prayer: Dear Heavenly Father, I am thankful that You know how to uplift me through the song, He is able, yes You are able. Your Son, Jesus asked me question, “Do you believe that I am able to do this?” My answer is “Yes, Lord, You are able to heal me and Tony completely.” I put my faith in Your word that You are able, yes You are able … You are able to carry me through … (sing the song above and using “You” to the Lord).

 May you be blessed!

Dorothy

PS. Still singing … He’s able … You are able …

No comments: