Saturday, November 28, 2020

Hope 25 Job's Hope 11/28-30/20

28-30 November 2020 - Hope Series 25 – Manna by Dot & Tony Callies
Theme: Job's Hope in God

Job 38:1 - The Lord answered Job from the whirlwind, "Who is this that questions My wisdom with such ignorant words."

Here are the few things I notice of how God deals with the situation with Job. This shows me that God was aware of all kind of conversations between Job and his four friends. It was when Job and his four friends were finally at silence for the lost of words at the end of chapter 37. Then "BOOM" . . .  God entered the scene with a grand opening with His appearance of whirlwind to Job. Whoa! That must be something! We would love this, won't we? The Lord answered Job from the whirlwind, "Who is this that questions My wisdom with such ignorant words" (Job 38:1).

Surprisingly, God didn't answer any of Job's questions; Job's questions were not at the heart of issue. Instead, God used Job's ignorance (lack of knowledge, education, and awareness) of the earth's natural order to reveal Job's lack of education on God's creation in natural order. If Job did not understand the workings of God's amazing creation, how could Job possibly understand what God had in mind and His character on what God is?

So God asked Job questions. "Where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth? (38:4). Do you know when the mountain goats give birth? (39:1a). Take a look at the mighty hippopotamus. I made it, just like I MADE YOU (39:15).  God asked Job several questions about the animal kingdom in order to demonstrate how limited Job's knowledge really was. God was not seeking answers from Job. Instead, He was getting Job to recognize and submit to God's power and sovereignty (His Supreme Rule). Only then could Job hears what God has to say to Job. .

Then the Lord said to Job, "Do you still want to argue with the Almighty? You (Job) are God's critic, but do you have the answers?" (40:1-2). We could reply with Job to the Lord and say, "I am nothing--how could I ever find the answers? I will put my hand over my mouth in silence. I have said too much already. I have nothing more to say." (40:3-5 QVLAB)

Then Job replied to the Lord. "I know that You can do anything, and no one can stop You. You ask, 'Who is this that questions My wisdom with such ignorance?' It is I. And I was talking about things I did not understand, things too wonderful for me. I have heard about You before, but now I have seen You with my own eyes. I take back everything I said, and I sit in dust and ashes to show my repentance" (Job 42:1-3, 5-6 QVLAB).

Job humbled himself to the Lord and because Job trusted God, God rewarded Job. Job lived to be 140 years.  After that, Job lived to see four generations of his children and grandchildren. He died an old man who had lived a long good life (Job 42:16-17).

You will be rewarded when you keep your HOPE in God and keep trusting Him! He loves you that much!

 Dorothy 

 

No comments: