Thursday, November 12, 2020

Hope 20 Gospel 11/13-15/20

13-15 Nov. 2020 - Hope Series 20
Theme: Hope of Gospel

"… be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard …" (Col; 1:23)

Do you remember when you first heard the gospel of Jesus  Christ? What did you used to believe before? For me, I used to believe that I, automatically, was a Christian when I went with my family to church while I was growing up being deaf/hard of hearing, depending on gesture and lip-reading. The theme, "the gospel of Jesus Christ" did not have any impact on me. I wore hearing aid, but the words were not always clear to my concept of understanding through lip-reading. I didn't learn sign language then.

I went to California School for Deaf at Riverside in January 1956 and there I learned sign language at the age of 13. On the weekend of Labor Day in September 1956 I went to Deaf Family Camp at Pinecrest, California. There was a lady evangelist, Sister Essie, who preached in sign language, came to me in person, "Have you asked Jesus to come into your heart"? I respond that I go to "church" and I thought I was a “Christian.”

 She asked me same question three times until I realized that I had not asked Jesus to come into my heart. Then Sister Essie said, “You better get on your knee, and ask Jesus to come into your heart.” So there on my knee, I invited Jesus to come into my heart. My life changed and He called me to preach to the Deaf when I was 13. After water baptism, I felt more new life inside of me. This was like a resurrection experience. This open my understanding about "the hope of the gospel of Jesus Christ”

So the question is, "Have you truly invite Jesus to come into your heart?" Revelation 3:20 Jesus said, "Behold, I stand at the door and knock . . ." Where would Jesus knocked? At your heart’s door! So when you open your heart to Jesus, you would say, "Come into my heart!" Jesus said, "I will come in . . ." and He will fellowship with you.

This is our hope of the gospel when we first heard the gospel of Jesus Christ and invited Him into our life. This is my favorite song, "Come into My Heart." It is a refreshing experience when I sing this. I would sense Jesus’ Presence even more.

Song: Into My Heart
Into my heart, into my heart
Come into my heart Lord Jesus;
Come in today, come in to stay.
Come into my heart Lord Jesus.
(Inspiring Choruses)

So let's invite Him today!

Dorothy
PS. If someone say: Well, Jesus already lives in my heart. Yes, that is true! This is just a simple reminder of how we have asked Jesus into our hearts. I just love to do this because this inspired me again and again just to feel closer to Him. And just so I don't lose out with Him when we might easily forget. Like Communion, Jesus said, "Do this often to remember Me." Communion refreshed our memory of why Jesus died on the cross.

No comments: