Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Wipe Every Tear 9/15-20/20

15-20 September 2020 - Wipe Every Tear – Manna by Dorothy & Tony
            Revelation 21:3-4 “God Himself will be with them and be their God. ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”

            I kept hearing so many deaths from many different crisis that were happenings from the news. I was thinking about whose lives has been taken away from the families, friends, and love ones. I thought how do one encourage those who lost someone in their situation?
            Then I read the devotion from ‘Our Daily Bread’ on Sept. 14, 2020, the title was “Goodbyes and Hellos.” I thought it was weird, but when I finished read the article, I see the writer’s viewpoint. The writer, Bill Crowder wrote about the loss of his brother David when he suddenly died of cardiac failure. Dave was the fourth of seven children.
            It made me think that I was one of the seven brothers and sisters. I lost three of them, my oldest sister, and my two brothers. Jim was the fourth and he passed away long time ago.   
            Then I read more of Bill Crowder’s writing on how he experienced the loss of his brother and how his perspectives on life has changed him. Perspectives means understanding things in the relationship to each other. His article is kind of difficult for me to translate so I could only point out what impressed him.
            It was about the importance of life on that future reunion, where no goodbyes will ever be needed. So final result we find is in Revelation 21:3-4 “God Himself will be with them and be their God. ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”
            So as Bill Crowder quoted, “Though today we may find ourselves experiencing seasons of long goodbyes, our trust in Christ’s death and resurrection promises an eternity of hellos.”  [End]
            Prayer: Father, I thank You that You’re the living God who gives everlasting life.  I pray that You would use our eternal hope to comfort us in our seasons of loss and grief. [Quoted from ‘Our Daily Bread’]
           
Chorus: God is Still on the Throne
God is still on the throne,
And He will remember His own;
Though trials may press us
And burdens distress us,
He never will leave us alone;
God is still on the throne,
He never forsaken His own;
His promise is true,
He will not forget you;
God is still on the throne.
(Mrs. F. W. Suffield, Sing His Praise)

            So our comfort is God Himself will “wipe every tear” from their eyes. Someday there will be no more deaths, and no more pains in our bodies. Hallelujah! What a comfort thought this is, “eternity of hellos.”  Think about that!
             May God comfort those hearts who have lost their love ones.

Dorothy

No comments: