Friday, March 27, 2020

Christ Magnified Part 2, 3/29-31/20

29-31 March 2020 - Christ is Magnified Part 2  
Manna Dorothy & Tony Callies developed on 3/25/20

From the Passion translation: "No matter what, I will continue to hope & passionately cling to Christ, so that He will be openly revealed through me before everyone’s eyes. So I will not be ashamed! In my life or in my death, Christ will be magnified in me. My true life is the Anointed One, & dying means gaining more of Him" Philippians 1:20-21 TPT.
(Thanks to Dean Hardy from biblegateway.com)

What was the purpose of Apostle Paul’s writing to Philippians 1:20-21? Reading commentary mentioned this: The Philippians’ Church was so discouraged over Paul’s staying in prison for so long.  They had prayed for his prison's release and that didn’t happened. So he wrote to encourage the church people that there is a victory for God’s purpose in his imprisonment … is found in Philippians 1:12-30.

Paul suffered in prison had advanced the Gospel of Jesus Christ. So Apostle Paul was able to say, “No matter what, I will continue to hope & passionately cling to Christ, so that He will be openly revealed through me before everyone’s eyes. So I will not be ashamed! In my life or in my death, Christ will be magnified in me. My true life is the Anointed One, & dying means gaining more of Him” Philippians 1:20-21 TPT.

Dorothy: That impressed me of how Paul respond to his being in prison for a long time. I think we could relate this similar case with today’s crisis time because of the strange plague that force many of us to stay home until the crisis time is over.

Prayer: Dear Heavenly Father, we seek You to show us Your purpose for our lives.  I believe You have been able to reach many people who were too busy for You, now turn to You for salvation and to study Your Word to find the purpose for their lives.  Help us to turn the crisis time into blessings time with You and Your Word, the Bible. Thank You for giving us the courage and patience for working inside of us. In Jesus’ name. Amen!

I was going over this song again and I felt something was missing so I checked the Inspiring Choruses again and sure enough, one line missing … Sorry!

Song repeat with correction on missing line.
Song: It gives Strength to Me
It give strength to me
   as I worship Thee
And my mouth is
   filled with praise.
He will break the bands
   as I lift my hands
And give glorious liberty.
(Inspiring Choruses)

May God bless you!
Dorothy

No comments: