Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Christ is Magnified 3/22-28/20

22-28 March 2020 - Christ is Magnified – Manna by Dorothy & Tony Callies

Philippians 1:20 “. . . Christ will be magnified in my body . . .” KJV, NKJV.

I look up the meaning of the word, magnified and it gives two meaning: extol and praise. Extol is to be lifted up in praise.  Praise is to glorify Christ.  How can Christ be magnified in my body as Paul quoted this?  So I looked up several translations.

Philippians 1:20 – Translations
NCV “. . . I have the courage to show the greatness of Christ in my life . . .”
NIRV “. . . Christ will be lifted high through my body.  He will be lifted up . . .”
NLT “. . . my life will always honor Christ . . .”
Key: You can expect to enjoy God’s presence when you honor Christ with your life.”

Song: Moment by Moment
Moment by moment I’m kept in His love;
Moment by moment I’ve life from above.
Looking to Jesus till glory does shine;
Moment by moment, O Lord, I am Thine.
(Daniel W. Whittle, The Celebration Hymnal)

Song: It gives Strength To Me
It give strength to me
   as I worship Thee
And my mouth is
   filled with praise.
He will break the bands
   as I lift my hands
And give glorious liberty.
(Inspiring Choruses)

Dorothy: Good morning and I hope this simple Manna bless you as it has to me.  So I felt like I’m honoring Christ by helping and serving Tony.  So my body is active honoring Christ through helping Tony.  So this verse was clear when it says, “Christ will be magnified in my body.” I like the NLT that says, “my life will always honor Christ.”

May the Lord bless you today!
Dorothy 
PS. I add the missing line in 2nd song. 

No comments: