Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Our Hearts 10/1-7/19

01-07 October 2019 - Our Hearts – Manna by Dorothy & Tony

1 John 3:20b “. . . God is greater than our hearts, and He knows everything.” 1 John 3:19 “. . . set our hearts at rest in His Presence.” (NIV)

In KJV it quoted: “. . . shall assure our hearts before Him.”  I like the translation: “. . . set our hearts at rest in His Presence.” The word, assure means to give words of comfort or confidence to. 1 John 3:21 “. . . we have confidence toward God.”

The devotion from Jennifer Benson Schuldt, Our Daily Bread quoted this part. “Sometimes we look inward for answers to our problems, yet the Bible says “the heart is deceitful” (Jer. 17:9).  In truth, we are often the source of our problems in life.

Thankfully, “God is greater than our hearts, and He knows everything” (1 John 3:20). Because of this, He knows exactly how to help us.  Lasting heart-level change and real progress with our problems originate (first began) with God. Trusting Him and living to please Him means we can flourish and be truly free.” End.

1 John 3:20 quoted, “If our heart condemn us” is when Satan announced us 'guilty.'  We need to remind ourselves that the month of October is a Halloween month and it has been known of multitudes attacks that comes from Satan upon God’s people. That is when John encouraged us that “God is greater than our heart and He knows all things.” God is greater than Satan and He knows what Satan is doing to our hearts.

It is a good time to “Put on the full armor of God so that we can fight against the devil’s evil tricks” and “Use the shield of faith which we can stop all the burning arrows of the Evil One” (Ephesians 6:11, 16 ncv).

Prayer: Heavenly Father, I attend to Your Word. I incline my ears to Your sayings.  I will not let them depart from my eyes. I keep them in the midst of my heart, for they are life and healing to all my flesh. (Prov. 4:20-22 by Charles Capps, God’s Creative Power for Healing). In Jesus’ name. Amen!

Song: Jesus Came
Since Jesus came into my heart,
Yes, Jesus came into my heart,
Flood of joy over my soul
Like the sea waves roll,
Since Jesus came into my heart.
(Inspiring Choruses)

God bless you!
Dorothy Callies

No comments: