Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Why Not Now! 3/11-15/19

11-15 March 2019 - Why Not Now? – Manna by Dorothy and Tony Callies

Philippians 1:22, “But if I live in the flesh, this is the fruit of my labor . . .”

I came to this devotion from our daily bread when I asked God what You want me to read. I picked up this devotion from a small plastic box and I was very surprised to see this fit my thought for Tony.  Tony asked why couldn’t he just simply go home since he could not do much on earth.  I answered with “God has a plan for you. You are a blessing to others. Also I need you around here.”  He seemed contented.

This devotion gave me so much more encouragement which are quoted from David Roper.  From Acts 13:36 “David, after he had served his own generation . . . fell asleep.”  “God has a wise and loving purpose in leaving us behind.  There is work to be done in us that can only be accomplished here on earth.  Our afflictions, which are for the moment, are working for us “a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory” (2 Cor. 4:17).

“And there is work to be done for others—if only to love and to pray.  Our presence may also be for the purpose of giving others an opportunity to learn to love and compassion. So, though you may desire release for yourself or a loved one, to live on in the flesh can mean fruitfulness (Phil. 1:22).  Though heaven may be delayed, God has His reasons.  No doubt about it!” ---David Roper

Dorothy: I talked to one friend the other day and ask what she thought about me and Tony.  She explained that she and other deaf were very impressed with my ‘deep commitment’ to Tony and that it takes a lots of strength to serve him and to take care of him.  She quoted, “You have a beautiful example of patience and love toward Tony.”  I thought, “Wow, I never thought of it that way.”  That is when I understood about “fruitfulness” in Philippians 1:22, “But if I live in the flesh, this is the fruit of my labor …”

Paul talked about a struggle to stay on earth or just to go home to heaven soon.  Paul explained that on earth, there is fruit of our labor.  Once we are gone to heaven that is the finished work on earth.  Our heavenly Father wants to see “fruits” because it makes Him happy according to John 15:8 “Here is My Father glorified (happy) that you bear much fruit . . .”  This was Jesus’ words to His disciples, now pass on to us “that you bear much fruit.”  Thank You, heavenly Father for showing us Your continue works in us. Make us a blessing to someone today!

Song: Make Me a Blessing
Make me a blessing,
Make me a blessing;
Out of my life may Jesus shine;
Make me a blessing, O Savior, I pray,
Make me a blessing to someone today.
(Ira Bishop Wilson, Sing His Praise)

May the Lord bless you today!
Dorothy

No comments: