Friday, February 8, 2019

Bear One Another 2/6-10/19

06-10 February 2019 - Bear One Another – Manna by Dorothy and Tony

Colossians 3:12-13 “Put on tender mercies, kindness, humility, meekness, long suffering; bearing with one another” (NKJV).

What start me on with this verses? This Friday early morning of February 8th, I asked God, “What do you want me to know today?”  I was reading one devotion and it had great impact on me.  I wrote to simplify the reading from “Our Daily Bread, Lawrence Darmani.

It was about a group who traveled to a conference in Kenya (Africa). At the end of a conference, the group traveled to a guesthouse to prepare to fly back home (USA) the next morning.  When they arrived at the airport, one person forgot her luggage back at the conference center.  While she left to get it, the group leader sharply criticized her for forgetting her luggage to the group.

The next morning when they arrived at the airport, the leader discovered he too left his luggage with his passport at the guesthouse. Now it was going to cost them even more to go for his baggage. Later, he apologized and said to all of them, “I’ll never criticize so harshly again!” (He can’t fly back to USA without the passport!)

I realized God was speaking to me this morning from Colossians 3:12-13 “Put on tender mercies, kindness, humility, meekness, long suffering; bearing with one another” (NKJV).  The word, “bearing” had a great meaning for me, just one word “support.”  Be supportive with Tony.  Be supportive is very gentle and kind.

Oh!  That really touched my heart from God’s Word to encourage me “to be more supportive to Tony.”  I am thankful that God is interested in helping me to grow spiritually to be like His Son, Jesus Christ.

May the Lord touch you and bless you tremendously!

Dorothy
PS. By the way, Tony’s final test came clear of skin cancer and thank you for your prayers.  God bless.

No comments: