Saturday, December 29, 2018

The Lily of the Valley 12/31/18 Happy New Year!

31 Dec. 2018 - The Lily of the Valley & Beautify the Meek 
Manna by Dorothy and Tony Callies

I am the Rose of Sharon, and the lily of the valleys.
Song of Solomon 2:1

In the land of Israel, Sharon is the coastal plain just south of Mount Carmel. Christ is often compared into the rose of Sharon and the lily of the valleys—common flowers of the field. This song is about Christ as the type of the lily of the valleys.  Sometime I make it personal to sing it to Jesus when I use the words: ‘You’re or You’ instead of ‘He’s or He’.  It just puts more feeling toward Him while the original song is more of a testimony of who He is. Yet it is still a blessing to sing it. 

Song: The Lily of the Valley
I have found a friend in Jesus, He’s everything to me;
He’s the fairest of ten thousand to my soul;
The Lily of the Valley, in Him alone I see
All I need to cleanse and make me fully whole.
In sorrow He’s my comfort, in trouble He’s my stay;
He tells me every care on Him to roll (give or confess).
He’s the Lily of the Valley, the bright and morning Star;
He’s the fairest of ten thousand to my soul.
[Lyrics: Charles W. Fry; Music: William S. Hays]

Dorothy: December 31, 2018 reminds me that it will be the last year of 2018.  I want it to be remembered that Christ was like the lily, the flower that is beautiful to look at.  It reminds me of a Scripture: “It beautify the meek.”  To me it means I sense the inner beauty, the beauty of Christ.  Here’s a Psalm 149:4 “For the Lord takes pleasure in His people: He will beautify the meek with salvation.”

Just words of encouragement to share with you that the Lord takes pleasure in you and He will beautify you with the power of Holy Spirit.  My friend, this takes faith to believe it and let the Holy Spirit change you.  Surely, the Lord will beautify the meek.  He will make you beautiful.  Heavenly Father, thank You for Your amazing grace and Your Word beautify us in Jesus’ name, we pray. Amen!

And Happy New Year!!!!!

Dorothy and Tony

No comments: