Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Be Joyful in Hope 12/3-4/18

03-04 Dec. 2018 - Be Joyful in Hope – Manna By Dorothy and Tony Callies

Romans 12;12 “Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer” (NIV).

I was reading Daily Bread devotion about Diane who was being too embarrassed to share her request with the praying group.  She was afraid what other would think if she shared that *she had a family member who had been struggling with an addiction for years.  She felt that others would not *understand how her loved one could be a believer in Jesus and still struggle daily.

So Diane only share her request with *a few trusted friends she asked to pray with her.  Together they asked God to set her loved one free from the very real bondage of addiction that he might experience freedom in Christ—and that God would give Diane the peace and patience she needed.  As she prayed, she found comfort and strength from her relationship with Him.

*Many of us have earnest, persistent prayers that seem to go unanswered.  But we can be assured that God does care and He does hear all our requests.  He urges us to continue to walk closely with Him, being “joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer” (Romans 12:12).  We can lean on Him.  [*Actual quote from Alyson Kieda. Some are summary]

Dorothy: Reading this article really encouraged me to know that I am not the only one being in affliction.  What is my affliction? Debts from four different medicals which totaled $6,495.00. The payments are slow, but steady. $3,000 on personal loan because the car Insurance payments had doubled due to accidents quota. It would take two more years of waiting to reduce half the payment on car insurance. 

The debts are my affliction and I have been carrying this "medical" burden alone since September 11, 2017 when Tony came home from five months in hospital, and two Rehab Healthcare.  And here the devotion encouraged me to “be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.”  

I just wrote the budget plan on sheet.  Jesus said to ask the Father anything and He will supply your needs.  So I wrote a date and a prayer, thanking Him for already met this need by faith. You know, it’s strange. It’s the first time, I put anything down like this.  So all I need to do is to quote this: “Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.”  Thank You, Father! I know You have a plan.  I trust You. Amen!

Song: At the Cross
At the cross, at the cross
   where I first saw the light,
And the burden of my
     heart rolled away.
It was there by faith
        I received my sight,
And now I am happy
           all the day!
[Isaac Watts, Ralph E.Hudson, chorus]

May the Lord richly bless you today!

Dorothy

No comments: