Friday, December 1, 2017

Abiding In Christ 12/1-3

01-03 December 2017 - Abiding in Christ – Manna from May 2009 Revised

John 15:7-9 KJV If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples. As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.

I remind myself that abiding in Christ is important. Jesus is telling me that our Heavenly Father is glorified and happier when we abide in Christ and His Words abide in us.

I remind myself that this is the kind of fruit that my Heavenly Father is looking for: constant contact with Christ and constant contact with His Word and His fruits will show inside of us. [Constant means always, over and over and never stopping].

There are so many things going on inside of me. This song reminds me to come home to Jesus. ‘Home’ meant inside of my heart, a place of rest and peace in Christ. I pray that the song will draw me to Him much closer.

Song: Softly and Tenderly
Chorus:
Come home, come home,
Ye who are weary, come home,
Earnestly tenderly, Jesus is calling,
Calling, O sinner, come home…

1. Softly and tenderly Jesus is calling,
Calling for you and for me,
See on the portals He’s waiting and watching,
Watching for you and for me.

2. O for the wonderful love He has promised,
Promised for you and for me;
Tho we have sinned He has mercy and pardon,
Pardon for you and for me.
[Will L. Thompson]

December 1, 2017 - Prayer: Thank You, Heavenly Father for reminding me how important it is to abide in Christ, Your Son and allow the Holy Spirit to grow fruits inside of me. I pray for friends and families to abide in Your Word.  Thank You for the strength to be faithful to Your Word of promises. We all claim the Word of healing through the powerful name of Jesus. Amen!

God bless you!

Dorothy

No comments: