Monday, July 17, 2017

Seasons of Preparation 7/17/17

17 July 2017 - Seasons of Preparation – Devotion by Dorothy Callies

What amazes me? God seems to have the answers for everything. I woke up before 3 a.m. and I thought, now what? Nothing seems to be improving! Holy Spirit urged me to look through the journal that I wrote since starting during the week of May 22, 2016. Watch God at work! Write the miracle! Don’t forget miracle! Looking through the journal that I had written, amazed me. Day to day, it felt like a plateau, like everything is like a “flat land” and “no lightning rod miracle” that I would like to see.

When I reviewed from last May and June journal, I saw the dates written on June 9th, the nurses stopped using the machine that lift Tony from the wheelchair to bed and back the same. Tony started sits up on bed and nurses started guiding Tony from bed to wheelchair. June 30th, he walked with walker ten feet.  On July 1st, David and Ruby visited Tony and he walked to the sofa holding Ruby’s arm. July 7th, Tony walked 70 feet more.

Then during the week of July 10th Tony had some set back. I wondered why until I read about the book on one of the chapters on “Your assignment will require seasons of preparation” that was written by famous Evangelist.  The Evangelist introduced about Moses being 80 years of age was due to the first 40 years and second 40 years that had prepared him to lead the people at the right time.  Jesus spent 30 years preparing for His ministry (Luke 3:23). The Apostle Paul required preparation (Acts 23:6; Phil. 3:4-6).

Then the Evangelist listed “The 11 Seasons of Preparation for your assignment.” I will use only reference verses since they take up a lot of spaces if I type them. But I want you to notice the 11 seasons of . . . That was what impressed me along with the verses.
1. Seasons of Affliction – 2 Tim. 1:8; Psalm 119:71.
2. Seasons of Chastening – Heb. 12:6,11.
3. Seasons of Contention – 2 Tim. 2:23-24.
4. Seasons of Credibility – 2 Tim. 4:5.
5. Seasons of Disappointment – 2 Tim. 4:10.
6. Seasons of Injustice – 2 Tim. 4:14.
7. Seasons of Isolation – 2 Tim. 4:16.
8. Seasons of Persecution – 2 Tim. 3:11-12.
9. Seasons of Solitude – 2 Tim. 1:4.
10. Seasons of Suffering – 2 Tim. 2:12.
11. Seasons of Warfare – 2 Tim. 2:3-4.

The Evangelist quoted, “As I review the first half century of my life, I can distinguish the seasons.  In each season, I felt ignorant and unaware of the purpose of that specific season. I wondered, “How could God get any glory out of this situation?” Today, I see His Divine Design.” He then explained how the story of “The Karate Kid,” contains some powerful lessons and asked if we ever see this movie. I have several times.

But I never knew its valuable lessons of “The Karate Kid” until I saw “11 seasons of preparation for your assignment.” The Kid wanted to learn the art of fighting in a crash course.  The old mentor waited. Instead he had him to paint the fence and to wash, wax and polish the car. The kid was disheartened, discouraged, disillusioned and very disappointed. His thoughts were, “How will this help me in my future? How will this help me achieve my desire to be a great fighter?”

But the old mentor was secretly preparing each motion of his hands to develop the movements of a fighter.  The kid did not discern it until much later.

Then the Evangelist made it clear, “Your heavenly Father knows what He is doing with your life.” ‘But He knows the way that I take: when He has tried me, I shall come forth as gold,’ (Job 23:10). And “Some season you may not understand His workings.” (Job 23:8-9).

The Evangelist encouraged us: “Embrace the present season God has scheduled in your life.” “Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees,” (Heb. 12:12). “The Lord will perfect that which concerns me,” (Psalm 138:8).

When Tony and I read it this morning of July 17, 2017, we were encouraged to remember once again that God has a plan.  Moses was 80 years old when he led his people through the Red Sea and they saw the miracle of God, was the wall of divided waters. It is something I don’t forget, the wall of water . . . is really a miracle.

Dorothy: The movie, “the Karate Kid” who would ever thought that there was a valuable lesson to learn from this.  It is like a modern day parable that Jesus might use to help us understand our Heavenly Father is like “an old mentor” who secretly knows what He is doing with Tony and me.

Prayer: Heavenly Father, thank You for being our mentors, how awesome to know that You really know what we are doing with our lives. We love you and thank You for Prayer marathon that our friends are praying for us. And that Tony is seeing their names being added. And each time I printed out the list of names and share with Tony in short prayer time as he lay his hands over the names, he is remembering that they are praying for him. Thank You heavenly Father for giving Tony an encouragement and love from them. It is awesome to know that You plan this prayer of unity.  We give you the praise and glory in Jesus’ name we pray. Amen.

God bless you,

Dorothy

No comments: