Friday, June 2, 2017

Deny Myself 6/2

02 June 2917-Deny Myself – Revision 6/3/17 Manna

I came across this verse, Luke 9:23 Jesus said, “If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow Me.” I often wondered what exactly does it means? Deny himself meaning deny yourself or actually deny myself.  After studying on the word, deny and I realized it something more like this: 1. “Go against” (what? Your flesh). 2. “To refuse to grant (give in) your flesh’s desire.

From what I understood for me personally, "to take up my cross" is when my flesh don’t really want to do that. Jesus challenged me and  said, “You want to be like Me? Take up your cross daily and keep in touch with Me …”

I said, "But Jesus my flesh cannot really handle that." He said, "Then work on “forcing” your own flesh. Just like I did at the Garden of Gethsemane. I prayed three times, asking My Father in heaven to remove that cup of suffering.  My flesh could not take it.  Still My Father said, “Take it.”"

Jesus said, “I ‘deny’ My flesh, I ‘forced’ My flesh to drink that cup of suffering. I sweat great drop of blood and prayed through until I was able to endure it.  Angels came to strengthen me, and comfort Me to go through against my flesh in pain.”

What Jesus said to me has really hits me. That's when I understood why sometimes I am awake exactly at 3 a.m. but often I ignore it because I wanted to sleep more. I just felt too tired to pray.  I was challenged to start praying at 3 a.m. when I felt the Spirit of God came upon me on May 30th and June 1st, just to pray at least one hour.

There's a personal story to why this devotion was written because at Nursing Home, this week Tony was waking up early in the morning has challenged me to start praying in the Spirit . . .  The truth is, I cannot pray alone and I am thankful that many of you are supporting me in prayer. So thank you for joining with me in prayers.   


Tony is improving, but still waiting for therapists to help him walk.  By faith, we are thanking God for already healed Tony’s shoulder/arm which he sorely need to use his both hands on walker to be able to walk freely. Or by miracle, Isaiah 40:29 ". . . to them that has no might, He increaseth strength . . ." (no might means no power, no strength). Tony needs strength on his right hip, thigh and his right leg to be able to stand and walk.

Song: Jesus, I come
Out of my bondage, sorrow and night,
Je-sus, I come, Je-sus I come;
Into Thy freedom, gladness and light,
Je-sus, I come – to Thee;

Out of my sickness into Thy health,
Out of my want and into Thy wealth,
Out of my sin and into Thyself,
Je-sus, I come – to Thee.
(William True Sleeper, Sing His Praise)

Dorothy 

No comments: