Thursday, May 25, 2017

Storm Warrior 5/25

25 May 2017 - Storm Warrior – Manna by Dorothy Callies

1 Timothy 6:12 “Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life . . .”

Paul encouraged Timothy when he was in the ministry, to fight the good fight of faith …” Why was Paul able to share with Timothy to fight the good fight of faith? Because Paul shared himself in 2 Timothy 4:7, “I have fought a good fight … I have kept the faith.”

What did Paul went through?  The apostle Paul demonstrates this storm warrior life-style. His testimony through shipwrecks and arrests and hunger and prison was not just a story of personal survival or ministry success. Paul’s goal was to spread the Gospel and to stay with God’s mission until it was fully accomplished.

Let us put ourselves in Paul’s shoes in just ONE of his many amazing stories—his journey to Rome as a prisoner, told in Acts 27. Paul was a passenger on a Roman freighter, headed for trial under the care of the centurion who kept Paul alive throughout the storms, shipwrecks and swam to an island. God was with Paul.

Reading the story of Paul’s going through the shipwrecks … and how Paul remained peaceful and in complete trust in God to handle all the little details . . . really encouraged me to realize that many of us may be “storm warriors” so that we would keep in touch with the Holy Spirit and keep in the praying spirit, intercession as well.

So God has called every Christian to be salt and light in the world.  Storm warriors of Jesus like you are to hold fast to this goal and stay focused on the mission of God—to proclaim Christ’s Kingdom and His coming to all our friends.  Storm warriors are the ones who really prayed through. There is no “smooth sailing” for us.

So my friend, if you are going through the storms, then considered yourself a “STORM WARRIOR” and fight the good fight of faith and you, hold on to the eternal life.  Jesus said, “Be of good cheer! I have overcome the world! I am with you always.”

Song: I Just Keep Trusting My Lord
I just keep trusting my Lord as I go along,
I just keep trusting my Lord and He gives me a song;
Though the storm clouds darken the sky
Over the heavenly trail (road),
I just keep trusting my Lord, He will never fail.

He’s a faithful friend, such a faithful friend
I can count on Him to the very end;
Though the storm clouds darken the sky
Over the heavenly trail (road),
I just keep trusting my Lord, He will never fail.
            [Inspiring Choruses]

Dorothy: This is an encouragement to me to stay strong in the Lord! Tony is improving very slowly. Thanks for the cards and your prayers supports. I suggest to send card to: 1003 Arlene Ct., #5, Bloomington, Illinois 61701 since he is no longer at Heritage Home. He moved to a different Nursing Home. It is five minutes’ drive to my home. 

God bless you!

No comments: