Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Greater Works 11/7-9

07-09 Nov 2016 - Greater Works – Manna by Dorothy Callies

John 14:12 NKJV “Most assuredly, I say to you, he (you) who lives in Me, the works that I do he (you) will do also; and greater works than these he (you) will do, because I go to My Father.”

What did Jesus means when He said that we could do greater works like He did? Actually, if I think of what He did, how many people did He healed?  Many and I don’t think I actually healed that many people like Jesus did.  So how could He expects me to do all those greater works than He does?

Peter knew the answer to this question.  It is found in Acts 10:38 KJV, “How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with Him.”

The key is “by the anointing and the power of the Holy Spirit.”  Jesus said, “It’s the Father within Me who does the work.”  He said that you, as a believer, would be able to do greater works than He did (John 14:12).  He added that it is through the promise of the Comforter, the Holy Spirit who will do greater work inside of you.

I stop and think. God, the Almighty can do many things, Himself. But it is no fun for God to do that all alone.  God created man in His image and His likeness so God is in all of the human beings (Gen. 1:26). Like Paul said, “In Him we live, and move, and have our being … we are also His offspring (person)” (Acts 17:28). 

It is through the anointing and the power of the Holy Spirit inside of us to do many things. Jesus in His time, didn’t have the computer.  Today we reached people through emails, devotions, YouTube, Face Book, etc. He anointed us with Holy Spirit to reach as many people as we can.  Mine is through Manna, Holy Spirit anointed me to write devotion.  What does Holy Spirit anointed you to do?

Song: Anointing, Holy Spirit
       (Walt Mills, Sing His Praise)
1. Holy Spirit, flow thro’ me;
Holy Spirit flow thro’ me,
And make my life what it ought to be;
Holy Spirit, flow thro’ me.

2. Holy Spirit, rest on me;
Holy Spirit, rest on me,
And use me, Lord, win the lost to Thee;
Holy Spirit, rest on me.

3. Holy Spirit, flow out from me;
Holy Spirit, flow out thro’ me,
That others, Lord, may see You in me;
Holy Spirit, flow out thro’ me.

May the anointing and the power of the Holy Spirit be inside of you!
Dorothy

No comments: