Friday, August 26, 2016

Jesus: I Pray 8/25-27

25-27 August 2016 – Jesus: I Pray – Manna by Dorothy Callies

John 17:1  Jesus spoke these words, lifted up His eyes to heaven, and said: “Father, the hour has come, Glorify Your Son, that Your Son also may glorify You.” (NKJV)

Poem: Jesus: I Pray (Based on KJV John 17)
Father, the hour is come:
            Glorify Thy Son;
     That Thy Son may glorify Thee.

Thou hast given Me power and grace
            To accept all the hardships I would face.
     Eternal life to many as Thou has given Me.

I have glorified Thee on the earth
            Since the day of My birth.
     I have finished the work which Thou gavest Me to do.

I have given them Your Word
            Out of My mouth, they have heard
     Each word was given and they truly believe in You.

Now, I pray for them that they are Thine.
            All Mine are Thine, and Thine are Mine.
     Keep them, oh, Father, from this world at all cost.

I am in this world, no more,
            But these do and I come to Thee for
     You, Father to keep them that none will be lost.

I pray that all of My believers may be one.
            I pray that Our desires for them may be done.
     That the world may see and truly know Our greatest love.

Neither do I pray for these disciples alone,
            But many more who will come to Me to atone.
     That they may behold My glory and Holy Spirit, My Dove.
                       
                                    --Jesus Christ  
                        (Written by Dorothy Callies, 1980’s)

Dorothy: If you ask, "Did I really heard Jesus spoke to me this poem as I wrote them down?" Jesus was real to me as He sat close by me on the sofa when I wrote this poem related to His prayers from John 17.  Three prayers of Jesus: 1. Jesus prays for Himself (John 17:1-5).  2. Jesus prays for His disciples (17:6-19).  3. Jesus prays for all believers (17:20-26).

May the words of Jesus bless you today.

Dorothy

No comments: