Sunday, June 12, 2016

There is None Like Me 6/11-15

11-15 June 2016 - There is None Like Me – Manna by Dorothy Callies

Isaiah 46:9 “Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like Me.” (KJV)

What was it that they should remember the ‘old days’? One, to remember what God had done for Israel when He led them out of Egypt into the wilderness; His Presence through the pillar of cloud that covered them during the heat of the day, and pillar of fire to warm them during the night of their sleep. God send Manna for their food for forty years until they entered the Promise Land.

Yet Israel wanted to add more idols of Babylon beside God.  They carried the idols, Bel and Nebo which were heavy with ‘silver and gold’ and the oxen were staggering with weight. They were into captivity and their idols did not delivered them. Their idols did not protect the people, and the people cannot protect their idols.  They go off into captivity together (Israel and their idols).  (Isaiah 46:1-2)

Didn’t they get it?  They couldn’t 'let it go' of their idols. That’s when God said, “To whom will you compare Me?  Who is My equal?  Some people pour out their silver and gold and hire a craftsman to make a god from it.  Then they bow down and worship it (the idol)!  They carried it (the idol) around on their shoulders, and when they set it (the idol) down, it (the idol) stays there.  It (the idol) cannot even move!  And when someone prays to it (the idol), there is no answer.  It (the idol) has no power to get anyone out of trouble” (Isaiah 46:5-7 NTL).

God was telling His people that He is better than idol that cannot even move. He moves around and He can hear their prayers while idol cannot.  God said, “Listen to Me, all you are left in Israel.”  Many were taken into captivity and carried away to Babylon and there were some who stayed in Israel.  There are two verses I love to hear God says this:

“I created you and have cared for you since before you were born.  I will be your God throughout your lifetime—until your hair is white with age.  I made you, and I will care for you.  I will carry you along and save you” (Isaiah 46:3-4 NLT).

Dorothy: Oh, that verses melt my heart when God said this: “I created you and have cared for you… I made you and I will care for you…”  This is so comforting to know that God meant what He says.  We have a wonderful God and there is none others like Him. He truly cared for us.   I remember this song that my dad sang to me.

Song: He Careth For You
He careth for you,
He careth for you,
Through sunshine and shadow,
He careth for you.
(Inspiring Choruses)

No comments: