Saturday, June 25, 2016

Hold Me! 6/26-30

26-30 June 2016 – Hold Me! – Manna by Dorothy Callies

Hebrews 12:28 “Let us therefore, receiving a kingdom that is firm and stable and cannot be shaken, offer to God pleasing service and acceptable worship, with modesty and pious care and godly fear and awe” (Amplified Bible).

The last Manna God said that He will shake the nations . . . reminds me of more topic about the things that cannot be shaken will remain and the things that can be shaken—will be destroyed. What exactly are the things that cannot be shaken will remain?

In New Century Version seems clear: “So let us be thankful, because we have a kingdom that cannot be shaken.  We should worship God in a way that pleases Him with respect and fear, 29) because our God is like a fire that burns things up” (Heb. 12:28-29).

Our faith in God and His kingdom will remain strong during the shaking time. We hold on to our faith in God’s Word. Many things could “shake” us, but our faith in God and the Holy Spirit as our helper would make us strong in Him.

Today’s news (June 24th), “7 Hurt in Tornadoes” which is about 40 miles north of our hometown, Bloomington, Illinois.  We are thankful that none were killed and it could have been worse.  Many times we prayed that God would help all of us to focus on Him and to keep our faith in God. There are always miracles to look to and God is always there to help in many ways. 

Our faith may be shaken, but asking God for wisdom and guidance, He will help us through it all.  Let us become stronger in Him and His Word. I like the song I found from an old pamphlet in 1984, “Hold me” and it just melt my heart. The song brought the very Presence of God and I pray that you would feel Him holding you . . .

Prayer Song:  Hold Me!
      Written by Dorothy Callies in 1984
Hold me, gently, O my Savior …
Hold me sweetly in every way …
Hold me tenderly, O Redeemer …
Hold me, firmly while I pray …

Hold me, gently, O my Savior …
Hold me sweetly in every way …
Hold me tenderly, O Redeemer …
Hold me, firmly while I pray …

Prayer: Lord God of Heaven, thank you for holding me so closely.  Thank you for miracle of healing of all kinds of problems that we faced.  Thank you for helping us to be strong in you. Thank you for giving us wisdom and guidance in time of needs. In Jesus’ name we pray. Amen!
             

No comments: