Tuesday, June 21, 2016

I Will Shake 6/21-25

21-25 June 2016 - I Will Shake – Manna by Dorothy Callies

Haggai 2:6-7  “For thus saith the Lord of hosts; Yet once, it is a little while, and I will shake the heavens, and the earth, and the sea, and the dry land. 7) And I will shake all nations . . .”

Jesus gave a prophecy 2,000 years ago of what would happen in our days.  Luke 21:26, Jesus said, “Men’s hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.”

Why are the men’s hearts failing for fear? Reason is catastrophe which means a sudden disaster; complete failure. Disaster means a sudden great misfortune like a flood or tornado that happens suddenly and causes much suffering or loss. Not only that but wars, rumors of wars.

What was God trying to do? Simple … trying to get our attention that time is coming. The day of salvation is now. When I look at the catastrophe news (TV or newspaper), I remember God said, “I will shake . . .” Also I just studied “The Sovereignty of God” . . . Results? God’s Presence became more real. Why? I will quote just a few notes.

“A few things we should know about: (1) He (God) is in absolute control of all things and all people. (2) “And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose” (Romans 8:28). (3) All of the powers of darkness, sin, Satan, demons, and the wickedness of mankind (people) cannot change the purpose of our sovereign God. (sovereign in ASL is ‘supreme ruler’).

“One thing we should know about the sovereignty of God and our responsibility as a person. Paul explained in Roman 9:1-24 that we do not always understand the mystery of God. One example: God used Pharaoh that “His name may be declared in all the earth” (Rom. 9:17).

“Sometimes we questioned God’s ways and we don’t always understand the purpose of His plan for us.  So Paul makes it clear that God is truly sovereign, a supreme ruler, and we are responsible to become aware of our Creator.  God is a good God and He can be trusted to do all things well.  God invited us to become His adopted children through the finished work of Christ presented in the Gospel.

“Like the song we sing sometimes:

Oh, how I loved Him, how I adore Him.
My breath, my sunshine. My all in all.
The great Creator became my Savior.
And in all God’s fullness, dwelleth in Him (Jesus).
(Author, unknown)

“Let us worship our Creator and love Him with all our heart, and with all our soul, and with all our mind, and with all our strength (Mark 12:30).”

No comments: