Thursday, May 7, 2015

Grace Abound (5/7-9)

07-09 May 2015 - Grace Abound – Bread Box by Dorothy Callies

2 Cor. 9:8 KJV, “And God is able to make all grace abound toward you …”

The word, abound means to be present in large numbers; 2: to be filled or abundantly supplied like a stream of abounding in fish. To remind us what grace means. I chose “special favor.” God is able to make “a special favor” with abundantly supplied toward you. God will give you more than enough!

The question is: Does it stop there? No, there’s more. 2 Cor. 9:8 goes on to say, “that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things.”  Sufficiency means enough to fill a need or to meet one’s need. We hold on to His Word that God always have enough for us and meet our needs. Thank you Lord!

Is that enough? No, there’s more. 2 Cor. 9:8 goes on to say, “may abound to every good work.”  You will always have everything you need and plenty left over to share with others. Whatever you share with others, God will abundantly supplied your every need. Especially when we pray for others to be healed, God will healed you as well. It does feels good when we pray together and share together!

Prayer: Thank you heavenly Father for Your Word minister to us and remind us that You are still our Abba who will generously provide all we needs. Even grace in time of our pains which teaches us to have fellowship with Christ’s suffering. Every time, we suffered, we remember Christ suffered and allow the peace and anointing of the Holy Spirit be upon our bodies and be healed in Jesus’ name, we pray, amen!

Dorothy: When I was working on this bread box this morning, I noticed Tony was sitting on the chair and I asked him what’s up. The newspaper hasn’t arrived so I clicked the TV to Trinity Broadcast Networking, devotional program for Tony to watch. To my surprised, this preacher was quoting 2 Corinthians 9:8 this morning on May 7th while I was working on it. Amazing Grace! I watch a bit! It was good!

So let’s trust God who will generously provide all we need!

Song: His Grace Is Sufficient for Me
Many times I’m tired and tested
as I traveled day by day;
Often I meet with pain and sorrow,
and there’s trouble in the way.
But I have the sweet assurance
        that my soul the Lord will lead,
And in Him there is strength for every need.
Chorus:
Oh, His grace is sufficient for me,
And His love is abundant and free;
And what joy fills my soul,
just to know, just to know
That His grace is sufficient for me!
       (Mosie Lister, Sing His Praise)

No comments: