Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Fear of the Lord (5/19-21)

19-21 May 2015 - Fear of the Lord – Manna by Dorothy Callies

Psalm 111:10 KJV, “The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have they all that do His commandments: His praise endureth forever.”

Is it difficult to grasp what exactly is the meaning, “Fear of the Lord”? New Century Version gives a clear interpretation: “Wisdom begins with respect for the Lord; those who obey His orders have good understanding. He should be praised for ever.”

Another good one from New Living Translation says, “Reverence for the Lord is the foundation of true wisdom. The rewards of wisdom come to all who obey Him. Praise His name forever!”

There was a question from Revelation 15:4 “Who shall not fear thee, O Lord, and glorify thy name?” And the answer was: “For Thou only art holy: for all nations shall come and worship before thee: for Thy judgments are made manifest.”

Have you ever wonder why was it so important to have the “Fear of the Lord”? What would God do to them that have not shown any respect to the Lord at all? There was one internet I choose a few examples to read and then to appreciate what the “Fear of the Lord” meant.

It begins with Galatians 6:7 “Be not deceived; God is not mocked; whatsoever a man sow, that shall he also reap.” Here are some men and women who mocked God … [Dorothy: And who had NO “FEAR OF GOD” in them. The internet had eight, I only had room for four.]

John Lennon in 1966 quoted, “Christianity will end, it will disappear. I do not have to argue about that. I am certain. Jesus was okay, but his subjects were too simple, today we are more famous than Him.” Lennon, after saying that the Beatles were more famous than Jesus Christ, LENNON WAS SHOT SIX TIMES.

Tancredo Neves (President of Brazil). During the Presidential campaign, he said if he got 500,000 votes from his party, not even God would remove him from Presidency. SURE HE GOT THE VOTES, BUT HE GOT SICK A DAY BEFORE BEING MADE PRESIDENT, THEN HE DIED.

The man who built the Titanic. After the construction of Titanic, a reporter asked him how safe the Titanic would be. With an ironic tone he said: “Not even God can sink it.” THE RESULT; YOU ALL KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO THE TITANIC.

Marilyn Monroe, the Actress. She was visited by Billy Graham during a presentation of a show. He said the Spirit of God had sent him to preach to her. After hearing what the Preacher had to say, she said: ‘I don’t need your Jesus.’ A WEEK LATER, SHE WAS FOUND DEAD IN HER APARTMENT.

Heartbreaking, isn’t it? Inspiration came to me to sing and pray: “Teach me to pray, Lord! Teach me to pray! Thou art the Potter, I am the Clay. Mould me and make me after Thy will, While I am waiting; Yielded and still. Teach me to pray, Lord! Teach me to pray! Wounded and weary, Help me, I pray! Power all power surely is Thine! Touch me and heal me, Savior divine!” Words changed (Have Thine Own Way, Lord to “Teach me to pray, Lord!”) [Have Thy Own Way, Lord! written by Adelaide Addison Pollard]

No comments: