Saturday, October 4, 2014

Behold My Hands (10/4-6)

John 20:27 NCV, “Then he (Jesus) said to Thomas, ‘Put your finger here, and look at My hands. Put your hand here in My side. Stop being an unbeliever and believe.’”

The story of Thomas who was one of the disciples was not at present when Jesus appeared with other disciples. Excitedly, they told him that they had seen the Lord, but Thomas could not believe their words. Thomas would only believe when he see Jesus in person. Thomas want to see the nail wounds in His hands and His sides and touch them. Then he would believe.

Eight days later the disciples were together again, and this time Thomas was with them. The doors were locked; but suddenly as before, Jesus was standing among them. He said, “Peace be with you.” Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here and see My hands. Put your hand into the wound in My side. Don’t be faithless any longer. Believe!”

How did Thomas acted when he actually saw the Lord? I believe Thomas was shocked that Jesus was actually alive when he saw and touched the nail scarred hands and His wound side! Thomas knelt before Jesus and said, “My Lord and my God!” This part was interested because Jesus knew what Thomas had said to the disciples that he would not believe unless he sees Jesus.

Jesus wasn’t hard on Thomas for his doubts, but Jesus encouraged Thomas to believe. “You believe because you have seen Me. Blessed are those who haven’t seen me and believe anyway.” (Ref. John 20:24-29)

Have you ever wished you could actually see Jesus, touch Him, and hear His words? Are there times you want to sit down and get His advice? Thomas wanted Jesus’ physical presence. But God’s plan is wiser. He has not limited Himself to one physical body; He wants to be present with you at all times.

Even now He is with you in the form of the Holy Spirit. You can talk to Him, and you can find His words to you in the pages of the Bible. The Scriptures declare that Jesus is God. This is the foundation of the Christian faith and it is the most importance of our salvation. There are much Scriptures for us to study that Jesus Christ is alive forevermore.

SONG: OH, I WANT TO SEE HIM
Oh I want to see Him,
look upon His face.
There to sing forever
of His saving grace.
On the streets of glory,
let me lift my voice.
Cares all past, home at last,
Ever to rejoice.
(Inspiring Choruses)

No comments: