Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Help Me Believe More (5/19-22)

Mark 9:24 KJV, “The father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief.” NCV: “Immediately the father cried out, “I do believe! Help me to believe more!”

This story was about the father’s son who was suffering since he was a child. It was the spirit that torment the child and the father was in grief. He prayed that Jesus would heal his son. So the father asked Jesus if He can do anything to have compassion on his son and to help him.

Jesus’ response to the father, “If you can believe, all things are possible to Him that believeth.” That is to keep on believing. Then the father cried out with tears that he believes and ask Him to help him with his unbelief. Then Jesus rebuked the spirit to come out of the boy and he was healed.

The stories of healing are wonderful, but what about us? Do you ever felt like the healing just will not come? Why are there so much crisis and why are we going through this and that? You know, I just happen to watch TBN on Max Lucado and he share his devotion about “The Crisis.” I was amazed that it came to answer my questions about why there are so much crisis all around us. Max gave several short stories of people and how God used the crisis to save their lives.

Max used Joseph as an example of his crisis: his brother sold him; the mistress lied about him and sent Joseph to prison. Pharaoh’s dreams were crisis of the coming famine. Joseph was chosen to prepare the years of plenty to meet the need of crisis’ coming of seven years of famine. Joseph was prepared. God had a plan that our crisis that will turn into good things.

The things that we would not understand was the wisdom of God that was often hidden from us. Yet He asked us to believe in Him some more. Our prayers would be, “Help me Lord to believe more, and help me to overcome my unbelief. Help me to continue with my growing faith that is in constant process of daily renewing my trust in You, Jesus.” Then the healing will come as we grow in Him and stay close to Him.  

Someday we will understand the purposes of it. No wonder the Holy Spirit gave me this old song: Farther Along. It means some day along the way, we’ll know all about it and some day, we’ll understand why. The song is about some day. So let us believe in Jesus more than ever.

         Song: Farther Along

Faithful till death said our loving Master,
A few more days to labor and wait;
Toils of the road will then seem as nothing,
As we sweep thru the beautiful gate.
Chorus:
Farther along we’ll know all about it,
Farther along we’ll understand why;
Cheer up, my brother, live in the sunshine,
We’ll understand it all by and by.
(Rev. W. B. Stevens, old song book)

No comments: