Thursday, May 1, 2014

He Spoke the Word (5/1-4)

Luke 4:38-39 NLT,
“After leaving the synagogue that day, Jesus went to Simon’s home, where He found Simon’s mother-in-law very sick with a high fever. ‘Please heal her,’ everyone begged. Standing at her bedside, He spoke to her fever, rebuking it, and immediately her temperature returned to normal. She got up at once and prepared a meal for them.

The word, rebuke means an expression of strong disapproval (not acceptable). Jesus rebuke the fever means He spoke the words against the fever. This is an example that we could speak the word against any sickness, name them and trust Jesus’ authority over the sicknesses that bother us and be healed in Jesus’ name.

Jesus healed Simon’s (Peter’s) mother-in-law so completely that not only did the fever leave but her strength was restored, and immediately she got up and took care of other’s needs. What a beautiful attitude of service she showed and a beautiful example for us to follow. God gives us health so that we may serve others.

Song: I Am the God That Healeth Thee
1.   I am the God .. that healeth thee,
I am the Lord .. your Healer; ..
I sent My word .. and healed your disease,
I am the Lord, .. your Healer.
2.   Your are the God .. that healeth me,
You are the Lord, .. my Healer;
You sent Your word .. and healed my disease,
You are the Lord, .. my Healer.
(Don Moen, Sing His Praise)  

No comments: