Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Water Springing Up

October 1-2, 2013 – Water Springing Up – Manna by Dorothy Callies

John 4:14 “The water that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into everlasting life” (NKJV).

Song: Springs of Living Water
1. I thirsted in the barren land of sin and shame,
And nothing satisfying there I found;
But to the blessed cross of Christ one day I came,
Where springs of living water did abound.

Chorus:
Drinking at the springs of living water,
Happy now am I, My soul they satisfy;
Drinking at the springs of living water,
O wonderful and bountiful supply.

2. How sweet the living water from the hills of God;
It makes me glad and happy all the way;
Now glory, grace, and blessing mark the path I’ve trod;
 I’m shouting “Hallelujah” every day. (then Chorus)
(John Willard Peterson, Sing His Praise)

You know I came across reading the Daily Bread and somehow the quote impressed me, “Drink Lots of Water.” The same verse from KJV: “The water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.”

The word, water interests me. If I ask a person, could you explain the meaning of the water? Ahhh, everybody knows what water is. Water is water! Yeah, but can you explain the meaning of the water? Ahhh, no! So I guess I better look up in the dictionary since I am very curious how to define the “water.”

The meaning of the word, water: Noun 1: the liquid that descends from the clouds as rain, forms streams, lakes and seas, and is a major part of all living material and that is odorless and tasteless compound having two atoms of hydrogen and one atom of oxygen per molecule. I skipped to this. 5: a liquid containing or resembling water; esp: a watery fluid (as tears). Verb 1: to wet or supply with water (water horses or water the lawn)

I guess it got complicated. So to say, what is water? In my own words, water is liquid and it has no smell and it has no taste. It gets wet. When we drink water, it satisfies our thirsty body. What’s amazing? God created the water, knowing that our bodies would forever need them especially our soul. In the Bible, water is often used as a symbol of Jesus as the Living Water who satisfies our deepest needs.

On October 1st, I read about John 4:14 and pondered them. The next morning I woke up with a song, “Drinking at the springs of living water” since I am familiar with it. So I looked up the song book and decided to share it with you. Don’t you love what Holy Spirit does for us? Awesome Holy Spirit! Thank you, Holy Spirit for keeping us alive.

May the Lord bless you today!

No comments: