Thursday, October 17, 2013

Athirst? Come!

October 17-18, 2013 - Athirst? Come! – Manna by Dorothy Callies

Revelation 22:17b “… let him that is athirst, come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely” (KJV),

 “I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely” (Rev.21:7 KJV). In Revelation 22:1-2a “Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life. It was shining like crystal and was flowing from the throne of God and the Lamb down the middle of the street of the city” (NCV). It feels like we could dive into the river of the water of life and swim with Jesus.

“The Spirit and the bride say, “Come!” Let whoever is thirsty come; whoever wishes may have the water of life as a free gift” (Rev.22:17 NCV). The last mention of the Holy Spirit in the Bible shows Him inspiring the bride (i.e., the church) to invite all who want salvation to come to Christ. The church is now empowered by the Holy Spirit to accomplish the evangelism of the world (Acts 1:5-8; Acts 2:4). [Note from the Full Life Study Bible] Oh! Let’s sing! “Glorify Thy name … Glorify Thy name … Glorify Thy name in all the earth!...” (Song by Donna Adkins, Sing His Praise)

I was surprise to find this song that matched Psalms 42:1-2a. It’s beautiful! It touched my heart and it comes with this verse. Psalm 42:1-2a “As the deer pants for the water brooks, so pants my soul for You, O God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God” (NKJV).  

Song: As the Deer Panteth
1.  As the deer panteth (thirst) for the water,
so my soul longeth after Thee.
You alone are my heart’s desire,
and I long (want) to worship Thee.
Chorus:
You alone are my strength, my shield.
To You alone may my spirit yield.
You alone are my heart’s desire,
and I long to worship Thee.

2. I want You more than gold or silver,
only You can satisfy.
You alone are the real joy-giver
and the apple (favor) of my eye.
(Then chorus)

3. You’re my friend, and You are my brother
even tho’ You are a king.
I love You more than any other,
so much more than anything.
(Then chorus)
 [Martin Nystrom, Sing His Praise]

I pray that your soul would reaches to the very heart of Jesus. As we touch His heart, His healing will just flows into our bodies, mind and soul. Oh, how much we need to worship Him. May the Lord touch your bodies and be healed in Jesus’ name. Amen!

No comments: