Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Peace of God

Colossians 3:15 “And let the peace of God rule in your hearts …” Philippians 4:17 “And the peace of God … shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.”

            When we call on God from hearts that sincerely tried to abide in His Word, then the peace of God will flood our troubled souls. Holy Spirit helps us to mediate His Word and witness to our hearts that Jesus is near and that God’s love will be active in our lives.
            When we put our troubles before God in prayer, this peace will stand guard at the door of our hearts and minds, preventing the cares of life and the heartaches of disappointment from destroying our lives and hope in Christ. [Some notes from The Full Life Study Bible, D.C. Stamps]
                Jesus said, “Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid” (John 14:27). The disciples’ hearts were troubled because Jesus was leaving them and going back to heaven. Jesus had been with them for three years, preparing them for the missionary work. Eventually, they received the gift of Holy Spirit who helped them throughout their lives.
            The Word of Jesus still apply to us, “I give you peace. I give you a state of quiet mind. I give you peace from the disturbance of war. I give you peace and freedom from upsetting thoughts or feelings. I make you feel calm and quiet. I give you relieve and wholly free from a burden of distress.”
           
Let the Word of Jesus’ peace be rooted and grounded into our hearts!

Dorothy

PS. The next Manna will be on August 13, 2013. We will be attending the Memorial Service with Tony’s family in honor of his oldest brother, Jack Callies in Minnesota/Wisconsin.

No comments: