Thursday, August 1, 2013

Revive Me

Psalm 138:7a “Though I walk in the midst of trouble, thou wilt revive me.”

The word revive, means 1: to bring back or come back to life, consciousness, or activity: make or become fresh or strong again. 2: to bring back into use <trying to revive an old custom> revive is a verb.  

Prayer to my heavenly Father:
I went through the middle of trouble, O Lord, revive me. I am silence, O Lord, bring back my inner spirit to life. Open my consciousness to the Holy Spirit once again, O Lord. Bring me into activity into Your Word and make my inner spirit be fresh again. O Lord, make me strong again.

For Thou are with me, thy rod and thy staff they comfort me (Ps. 23:4). In times of danger and difficulty, I fear no evil because You are with me in every situation of life. You use the rod (a short club) as a weapon of defense against the wolves, the forces of demons around me. Your rod symbolizing Your strength, Your power, and Your authority against the force of evil. I praise You for being my marvelous Father who delivered me from evil.

Your staff, (a long slender stick with a hook on the end) You use it to draw me as a sheep to stay close to my Shepherd, Jesus. Your staff guides me in the right way. Your staff rescues me from trouble. Your rod and Your staff reassure me of Your love and Your guidance in my every day life.

You restore my soul. You re-energize my soul through Your power and Your grace. You lead me through the Holy Spirit who guides me into the path of righteousness. You encourage me to study Your Word of wisdom for they are life to my soul. I thank You and I praise You for the marvelous prayer that the Holy Spirit has given to me.

I pray for my friends who read this prayer to be revived, to be delivered, and to be healed in the name of Jesus Christ, our Lord and our Savior who saved us from the depth of our sins and covered us with the precious blood of Jesus, who died to set us free and rose again as a Victor and Conqueror of our lives in the name of Jesus Christ, amen and amen!

My friend, look up to Jesus who is the author and the finisher of our faith who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and now He is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. Hallelujah!

So let us trust our heavenly Father today!

Dorothy

No comments: