Friday, October 26, 2012

Loving Kindness

Psalm 143:8a NKJV
Cause me to hear your loving kindness in the morning, for in You do I trust.

What is God's loving kindness? God's unfailing  love. Our hope in God is His unfailing love. The word trust also has a meaning of hope. We are living by faith day by day. We do not see God in person for He is a Spirit. While many people prefer to have an idol so they could see and worship to. That is not faith, but their hope in idols that they would hear their prayers. Sad, isn't it?

BUT we have a God, a Creator who breathe and speak the word and they become alive inside of us. An idol cannot do that. Why do people worship an idol, is beyond me. This gives me hope when I read this New Living Translation, "Let me hear of Your unfailing love to me in the morning, for I am trusting You. Show me where to walk, for I have come to You in prayer." Also NCV: "Tell me in the morning about Your love, because I trust You. Show me what I should do, because my prayers go up to You" (Ps. 143:8).

David shows that morning is the right time for him to praise God and ask for direction. Ps. 5:3 says, "Listen to my voice in the morning, Lord. Each morning I bring my requests to You and wait expectantly."

Prayer: "Hear my prayer, O Lord, listen to my plea! I am losing all hope. Help me to remember all that You have done for me. You have answered many prayers. Your unfailing love support me and I am trusting in You to answer another prayer request. I thank You again and again for Your wonderful love that never fail. Help me to remember that You love me, even me. Help my friends to remember that only You are our hope and You will answer our prayers. In Jesus' name, I pray, amen!"

Song: I Am Praying for You
I have a Savior; He's pleading in glory,
A dear loving Savior though earth friends be few.
And now He is watching in tenderness o'er me,
And oh, that my Savior were your Savior too.
For you I am praying, For you I am praying,
For you I am praying, I am praying for you.
(Samuel O'Malley Cluff)

Jesus is our Intercessor and He is praying for you. Just as He told Peter and He is speaking to us, "Satan has asked to sift you as wheat, But I have prayed for you that your faith may not fail" (Luke 22:31-32).

My friend, trust God today!

Dorothy

No comments: