Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Guest: Rhoda Nelson

IN HIS HANDS

He has taken, blessed and broken
And it seemed I could not stand
All the crushing pain and torment
Yet I was in His hands

Through the sleepless nights I wondered
And often did demand
To know WHY?
Yet I'm certain that I was in His hands

To my questions and my queries
Was a gentle reprimand
"Hush, My child. Only trust Me -
You are still in My hands"

So it is that I am silent
And the birds and grains of sand
Do testify so greatly of the work of His hands

So it is I do not know yet
What design He has planned
All I know is - as I trust Him
I am in my Savor's hands.

Rhoda

I wrote this many years ago when I realized (through the story where Jesus TOOK the little boy's lunch (sufficient to meet the needs of one) then He BLESSED the bread - then BROKE it - all the while remaining in His hands) then and only then was He able to GIVE to feed thousands!

Jesus Himself was TAKEN sent to earth. He was BLESSED at the river jordan. Then during His earthly ministry He met the needs of individuals (whether one on one or in groups) where He was. It was only after He was BROKEN on Cavalry that He could meet the needs of you and me and all people for all time.

I trust the above poem gives you encouragement (or challenge) as you consider His breaking in your life so that you can be further spent for Him.

Rhoda Nelson of Minnesota

No comments: