Monday, December 14, 2009

He Holds the Future

“I will guide them along paths they have not known. I will make the darkness become light for them, and the rough ground smooth” (Isaiah 42:16b NCV). “I say this because I know what I am planning for you,” says the Lord. “I have good plans for you, not plans to hurt you. I will give you hope and a good future. Then you will call my name. You will come to me and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will search for me with all your heart, you will find me!” Jeremiah 29:11-13 NCV

Jeremiah had written letter about two years after the Jewish people who were already captive in Babylon. They were discouraged and sad. They had hoped to go back to Jerusalem soon. The Lord had spoken to His people to trust Him for their future and stay in Babylon for 70 years. They were to build houses and settle down, plant gardens, and eat the fruits. Get married and have children. Seek peace of the city and the Lord will bring peace among His people during their stay in Babylon. God promised good things to them as long as they obey Him.

Dorothy: The Lord holds the future. Who else are we going to trust? In His hands we are safe and secure—today, tomorrow, and for all eternity. His Word says, “For I know the plans I have for you…plans for good and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. In those days when you pray, I will listen.” Jeremiah 29:11-13 TLB.

Song: Let the Lord Have His Way
Let the Lord have His way
In your life every day.
There’s no rest, there’s no peace
‘Till the Lord has His way;
Place your life in His hand
Feel secure in His plan
Let the Lord…
Let the Lord have His way.
(Inspiring choruses from the church)