Monday, January 12, 2009

Faith in the Son of God

I John 5:1-5 NCV
FIVE QUESTION TO ASK YOU.
1. What do you believe?
v1. Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ is God’s child, and whoever loves the Father also loves the Father’s children.
2. How do you know?
v2. This is how we know we love God’s children: when we love God and obey his commands.
3. What action can you prove?

v3. Loving God means obeying his commands. And God’s commands are not too hard for us,
4. How do you conquer the world?
v4. because everyone who is a child of God conquers the world. And this is the victory that conquers the world—our faith.
5. How do you win against the world?
v5. So the one who wins against the world is the person who believes that Jesus is the Son of God.

BELIEVE . . . LOVE.
True faith will show our thankfulness to and love for the Father and Jesus Christ His Son. So faith and love comes together, and they cannot be separated. Why? Because when we are born of God, the Holy Spirit pours forth the love of God into our hearts.
BY THIS WE KNOW.
KJV says in verse 2, “By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and keep his commandments.” Love for others is a true Christian love only if it comes together, love for God and keeps His commandments.
OVERCOME THE WORLD . . . OUR FAITH.
There are lots of problems in this world that could “scare” us what future holds for us. This is where we need our faith to overcome the world’s problem and keep our eyes on the Lord Jesus Christ through constant prayers and study His Word and let it dwell in our hearts to have complete trust in Him.

Dorothy:
The purpose of five questions would help us to know what we believe and be able to stand upon the Word of God against false teachings. John talks a lot about false teachers and how to watch out for it. I like this short song that helps us to stand for Him.

Song: CHRIST FOR ME
Christ for me, yes it’s Christ for me,
He’s my Saviour, my Lord and King;
I’m so happy I shout and sing;
Every day as I go my way it is Christ for me.
[Words & Music by Alex Burns]