Tuesday, June 16, 2020

End of the Age 6/15-16/20

15-16 June 2020 - Matthew 24 – Fresh Manna by Dorothy and Tony Callies
Theme: End of the Age [Closure of 10 Series]
The disciples came to Jesus privately and asked, “When shall these things be …? And Jesus said, “Take heed that no man deceive you.” (Matt. 24:2-3)

The disciples showed Jesus how beautiful the Temple was.  That was when Jesus started to prophecy to disciples what will happen to the Temple and other things in the future and what to expect. First thing, Rhoda Nelson shared that if you notice that Jesus answered the question with a warning, “Let no man deceive you.” Matt. 24:4.

From Matthew 24 & 25 Jesus actually prepared the disciples to expect certain things to happen. We have been going through ten series of Falling Away and I would like to add one more because Jesus said, “Take heed that no man deceive you.”  I notice the first and the tenth series seems to coordinate together.  

The first series theme was “Let No Man Deceive You.” The Thessalonians’ Christians were ‘troubled and shaken’ (upset) because of what the false teachers were saying about the day of the Lord. Paul tells them not to be alarmed, for the day of God’s wrath has not yet arrived. Two things will signal its arrival: 1) There must be a specific “falling away,” and 2) the “man of sin” will be revealed (2 Thessalonians 2:3).

The tenth series theme was “Some shall depart from the faith.”  Paul warned Timothy
that Holy Spirit has revealed that in the later times, there will be a falling away both from a personal faith in Jesus Christ and from Scriptural truth. What are they? The false teachers will be used by seducing spirits, teachings of demons or devils, speaking lies, used signs and miracles or magic things to deceive the whole world and make a way for Antichrist to have “the falling away” to become his followers (1 Timothy 4:1-2).

Addition to the closure series, the Holy Spirit wants to remind us that “The love of many will become cold” is found in Matthew 24:11 and also “Many will be offended” from  Matthew 24:10.  There’s so much to cover and right now Luke 18:1 tells me, “We ought always to pray,” and plead the blood of Jesus over us.

Song: When I See the Blood
When I … see the blood,
When I … see the blood,
When I … see the blood,
I will pass, I will pass over you.
(Inspiring Choruses)

Prayer: Heavenly Father, I come to You with my head bow and my hand folded in prayer. Holy Spirit help me pray… I ask You to cleanse my heart right now from all unrighteousness.  I command all fear, bitterness, rejection, and sin to depart from me now.  I ask that the healing power of Jesus Christ would flow through my mind and emotions and heal me now.  From this hour forward, Holy Spirit help me guard my heart with all diligence and stay true to You, Father, true to Your Son, Jesus and true to Holy Spirit who helped me so much in Jesus’ Name.

May the Lord fill you with His powerful love!
Dorothy

No comments: