Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Increase Our Faith 11/29-30/19

29-30 Nov 2019 – Lord, Increase our Faith - Manna by Dorothy & Tony Callies
Romans 4:17b “. . . the God who gives life to the dead and calls things that are not as though they were” (NIV).

“Abraham staggered (wavered, doubt), not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God; and being fully persuaded, what he (God) had promised, he (God) was able also to perform (to do & to act)” (Romans 4:20-21, KJV).

NIV quoted: “Yet he (Abraham) did not waver (doubt) through unbelief regarding (about) the promise of God, but was strengthened in his (Abraham’s) faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God had power to do what He (God) had promised” (Romans 4:20-21).

Abraham was strong in faith! Abraham believed in God! Abraham trusted God to keep His promise. Abraham was fully persuaded that nothing is impossible with God. Abraham had confidence that God, being a Creator of heaven and earth can do anything what He plans to do.

At the right time, God created Abraham’s body to become a new person. God created Sarah’s body to become youthful again so both had a son Isaac to carry on the generations of the “resurrected line of the future resurrected Christ.” (Selah: think of those awesome thought).  

Abraham now in heaven, stand in awe when he kept seeing the multitude of the generations that open their hearts to Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. Just as he was called the “father of many nations.” God truly blessed Abraham for believing in His Word of promise.

Oh, this just made me want to say, “Lord, increase my faith!”  Just like “the apostles said unto the Lord, ‘Increase our faith’.” Jesus answered the apostles just to have faith like a grain of mustard seed that grew to become Sycamine tree. (Ref: Luke 17:5-6).

Prayer: Thank You, Jesus for Your Word that bring life to my soul.  Thank You, Jesus for reminding us to have faith like a tiny mustard seed. Thank You Jesus for the inspiration story of Abraham. Lord, I believe. In Jesus’ name, I pray, Amen!

Song: Lord I Believe
Lord, I believe, Lord I believe,
Savior raise my faith in thee
Till it can move a mountain, 
Lord I believe Lord I believe
All my doubts are buried 
   in the fountain.
(Inspiring Choruses)

Lord, Increase our Faith!
Dorothy

No comments: