Friday, October 26, 2018

Testimony from Callies 10/26/18

26 October 2018 – Testimony from Tony and Dorothy

It was a last minute plan to join with Audrey who need someone to ride with her to the Deaf Women Retreat at Spencer Lake Camp, Wisconsin on the weekend of Oct. 19 through 21, 2018.  I encouraged Tony to be with me for personal assistant so I contact someone who made an arrangement for both for us to be together at camp.

It was good to meet those whom we have known for many years and meet some new faces.  Cindy Dively, bless her heart asked me and Tony to sing special duet and she wanted to introduce us as an “old timer” to the new generations who doesn’t know our ministry to the Deaf. Cindy had shown a slide of Tony’s book that he had written, God’s Chosen Vessel.  She asked that I briefly explained what’s in the book.

I started with how we made silent movies from the drama we had traveled over USA and Canada after we got married from June 1967 to 1969. When we settled at Rockford, Illinois we made two movies.  Then we moved to Normal/Bloomington, Illinois and Tony became Pastor to the Deaf in 1970. We made five more silent movies. 

Fast forward to technology to VHS in 1985 and how God led us to the ministry of VHS. Then Tony and I worked with Deaf Video Communication to complete five books on verse by verse Bible Studies in sign language with captioned and voice interpreted.  Then next technology was DVDs and the Bible studies are now in internet. So contact DVCTV.COM if interest.

Tony had prayed three hours a day that the Deaf all over USA would come to know the Lord and the Word of God.  Last July 2017 we learned from David Stecca of DVC that many had started their own Bible studies from the internet from Tony’s teachings. Even reached to the Deaf at Central American Country. 

Several Deaf and hearings have asked if we would write the second, God’s Chosen Vessel book because they wanted to know what’s up with us since 1977.  Our next goal would be in ASL technology with the help of technician person to be able to explain from what’s in the book from 1977 and testify what God has done since 40 years of our adventures.

Before we start to sing, I noticed Tony did not sit on the high stool to help with his balance.  He stood up!!! I looked at him and asked, “Are you going to sit down?” Tony responded that he’s fine and he rather stand up and sing with me.  I was really surprised and impressed at the same time.  We sang two songs. Then Cindy asked that pastors pray anointed prayer for Tony and me.  We felt God’s blessings and gave Him the glory.

Later on, I asked Tony, “What made you decide to stand while we were singing?” Tony answered, “I want to show the Deaf what God can do.”  My eyes were wide open with delight. I thought “Whoa!”  Just so you know that I taped the verse on the kitchen counter to see this daily and I interpreted Jeremiah 33:3 “Call on Me, and I will show you great and mighty things which you haven’t seen yet.”  At camp, I just saw one miracle, Tony standing while singing. I guess I get to practice on that with Tony. Thank you, Lord!

May the Lord bless you today!
Dorothy

No comments: