Friday, September 12, 2014

God's Plan for Today (9/12-14)

12-14 Sept. 2014 – God’s Plan for Today – Manna by Dorothy Callies

1 Thess. 5:18 “In everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.”

What is God’s plan for me today? Often I asked God that question. I was looking for a miracle. Once in a while, I came across the devotion book that show this verse again and again. God’s plan for me today is to “give thanks unto the Lord.”

The Holy Spirit reminded me about God’s people wandering in the wilderness. Exodus 16 tells story of how the children of Israel complained to Moses and Aaron because there were no food. They were starving. Where and what could they grow food out of the desert that was full of sands? Two million people to feed and how would Moses and Aaron going to meet their needs?

Exodus 16:11-12 KJV, “And the Lord spake to Moses, saying, I have heard the murmurings of the children of Israel: speak unto them, saying, At even ye shall eat flesh (meat), and in the morning ye shall be filled with bread (manna); and ye shall know that I am the Lord your God.” God solved their problems!

God send quails every evening? That was a miracle! God send manna every day? That was a miracle! The children of Israel saw God’s miracle every day. All God wanted for the children of Israel was to be thankful for so they would come to know their God who loved and guided them for 40 years.

From 1 Cor. 10:1-13, Paul warned the New Testament believers NOT to follow Israel’s example and one of them was complaining. *The history of God’s judgment of His people in the Old Testament was written down in the Scriptures to provide those in the New Testament with plenty of warnings against sinning and falling from grace. [*Note from Full Life Study Bible]

When we have problems, Paul reminds us that “God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted above that ye are able …” (1Cor.16:13b). NCV “But you can trust God, who will not permit you to be tempted more than you can stand.”

What is God’s will for you today? In everything you do, you are to give thanks to God and to remember that God is faithful. God will keep your temptation from becoming so strong that you can’t stand up against it. So trust God today!

Song: GOD IS FAITHFUL

God is faithful! God is faithful!
God is faithful every day.
I will thank Him! I will thank Him!
I will thank Him when I pray.

I expect a miracle! I expect a miracle!
When I expect it, God will find a way
To perform a miracle for me each day.
(Words by Dorothy Callies)

No comments: