Monday, February 21, 2011

Believe Me and Live!

Devotion called, "Mold Me" by Kim Johnson

John 8:51 [Jesus said]
"I assure you, anyone who obeys my teaching will never die!"

John 11:26 [Jesus said]
"And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?"

1 Corinthians 15:36
"When you put a seed into the ground, it doesn't grow into a plant unless it dies first."

I have heard that many deaf struggled with this concept since we die anyway. I don't know if that's true but I know we deaf are visual people, and I have to say that I did struggle with this. I was stumped, because my loved ones believed in Lord Jesus, and they died anyway. But my Bible studies and pastor helped me lots over the years. I saw and learned that there are "two kinds" of death -- physical and spiritual death. Of course, our physical will die, and then we get a new body that will never die. Our spiritual never dies, so for us who believe what Jesus offers, we will never die. So this we have hope and we can rejoice.

John 11:40 ... Jesus responded, "Didn't I tell you that you will see God's glory if you believe?"

So, let us keep on believing, so that we may see the glory of God. That's why "faith" is called because we can't see or feel, yet, we believe.

Kim Johnson
Edmonton, Canada

No comments: