Friday, October 30, 2009

Leave You? Never

“I will never leave you, nor forsake you. So that we may
boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear…”
Hebrews 13:5b-6a kjv.

Have you ever felt like God has forsaken you? For some
people things seem so quiet, while others are facing terrible
tragedy. Many things are happening. Jesus has not come yet.
Has He forgotten about us? The Scripture tells us that Jesus
will never forsake us. The Lord is our helper. Quoting the
line: “the Lord is my helper, and I will not fear” brought
courage in my heart. I encourage you to try it.

Prayer: Our heavenly Father, I am asking you to be our helper
through the power of the Holy Spirit who gives us the courage
to overcome our fear. Help our faith to be strong in You and
be assured that You are with us. I give thanks and praise You.
Thank you in Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.

Song: Constantly Abiding
Constantly abiding, Jesus is mine;
Constantly abiding, rapture divine;
He never leaves me lonely, whispers, O so kind:
“I will never leave thee,” Jesus is mine.
(Lyrics and Music: Anne S. Murphy)