Monday, April 12, 2021

Way of Escape 4/10-12/21

 10-12 April 2021 – Bible Study Share – by Dorothy Callies

Theme: Make the Way of Escape

          “God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear (put up with) it” (1 Cor. 10:13 NKJV).

        Translate: God will make sure that the temptation you go through would not destroy your faith in Him. God will give you strength to bear (put up with) through painful time and help you to overcome the temptation. Make the way of escape means God helps you to overcome the temptation when you feel like you want to give up. God encourages us to “keep on believing” and do not give up on Him.

     Dorothy: When I came to this part of study, I was impressed of how God encourages me not to give up believing on His Word of promises. So I felt like I want to share this with you who are going through a very rough time and wondering if God really care what we go through.

     Here the Scripture tells us that God is faithful who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape that you may be able to put up with it. The phrase “the way of escape” is a difficult phrase to translate.

     Escape from what? To get away from … like escape from our daily routine from the way we are thinking? That is where we need God’s Word to correct our thoughts.

     Do I want to get out of my daily routine with Tony who is always needing my help? No way. I love what I am doing. God calls me to help him. So I keep my thought on Christ’s word, “Love one another as I have loved you.” I love Tony just like Jesus loves Tony.

     That is “The Christian Life is a Faith Life” Bible Study which I studied on this part. I pray that this “Manna” blessed you today.

      

No comments: