Friday, July 17, 2020

Spiritual Weapon 8 - 7/17-18/20

17-18 July 2020 - Weapons of our Warfare Part 8  
Manna by Dot & Tony Callies
Theme: The spiritual weapon is faith.

“We destroy people’s arguments and every proud thing that raises itself against the knowledge of God. We capture every thought and make it give up and obey Christ.” 2 Corinthians 10:4c-5 NCV

The Scripture says: “For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal ...”   One of Paul’s weapon is “faith.” The best example I could think of was a story of Martin Luther. Martin studied the Scripture about putting your faith in Jesus Christ alone for salvation. He struggled to grasp this deep meaning. Why? Because his church taught him that you have to ‘work’ and ‘do something’ to earn grace and faith in God.

As a child, my mother and I went to church where they had shown a movie of Martin Luther’s life story. What impressed me was Martin’s knees climbed up long stairs, step by step and his knees were bleeding.  It was then God spoke to him, “The just shall live by faith” (Romans 1:17b).  [**In another words, God does not accept his “work” of faith by climbing the stairs with his bleeding knees.  “The Christians shall live by faith in Christ.” You don’t punish yourself to get into faith in Christ. You just accept this gift of grace and forgiveness of sins. Christ’s work was completed at the cross.]

This verse, Romans 1:17 ‘hit’ Martin Luther.  He finally understood that grace and faith was not being earned by his labor or work. Martin discovered the church’s error (made a mistake) and there were long arguments among the leaders. So finally, Martin Luther left this church and started his own organization which was called, “Lutheran Church” based on the faith in Jesus Christ alone.

By using this weapon, “The just (Christians) shall live by faith” against the enemy, and we, the born-again believers will come forth victorious.

May God bless your faith in Christ!
Dorothy
P.S. Manna from March 7, 2010 [**add]

PS. Do you know to whom you have believed? I believe Jesus Christ came to earth to save us from Satan’s bondage. Jesus came to redeem us! I like to add this song.

Song: I Know Whom I Have Believed
I know not how this saving faith
To me He did impart (give),
Nor how believing His Word
Brought peace within my heart.
Chorus:
But “I know whom I have believed,
   and am persuaded that He is able
To keep that which I’ve committed
*Unto Him against that day.”
(Daniel Webster Whittle, Sing His Praise)
[*To Jesus until the day He comes!]


No comments: