Saturday, February 8, 2020

Count the Stars 2/6-10/20

06-10 February 2020 - Count the Stars – Manna by Dorothy Callies

Genesis 15:5 “He took him (Abraham) outside and said, “Look up at the sky and count the stars—if indeed you can count them.”  Then he (God) said to him (Abraham), “So shall your offspring (seed) be” (NIV).

Genesis 22:17 “I will surely bless you and make your descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and as the sand on the seashore . . .” (NIV). (Ref: Gen. 26:4)

What was the reason I mentioned about “Count the Stars?” I want to say something about this was what God had spoken to Abraham when he didn’t have a son to begin with. What impressed me was that God prophecy to Abraham the future plan and Abraham believed Him.

Now Tony and I often watched TV with several different preachers who had thousands of people sitting together. Also in other countries, preachers had thousands of people standing together.  Every time, the camera turned to people in the audience, Tony said, “Look at the numbers of people. There are so many of them.” I asked Tony if he remember what God told Abraham about “Counting the stars” of Abraham’s descendant who believes in God as well as “the sand on the seashore.” Tony responded, “Oh yes!”  We are often in awe of seeing this over and over.  The verses just reminded me of God’s Word.

I could imagine God set Abraham to view thousands of people together and say, “Look! Can you count them?” I imagine Abraham would say, “Impossible to count! It’s awesome! Wow!”

This does something to our spirit every time we see “so many people who choose to love God and are part of Abraham’s descendant.”  It uplifts our spirits just to praise Him and say, “God is amazing God!” We could feel that it made God feels so good and that He is glorified.

It reminds me of a song: Oh, the wonder of it all. The wonder of it all just to think that God loves me. I hope this bless you today.

Dorothy

No comments: