Tuesday, April 4, 2017

If Any Man Series 2

04 April 2017 - If Any Man - Series 2 – Manna by Dorothy Callies

John 10:9 “I am the door: by Me IF ANY MAN enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.”

Who was Jesus speaking to? Reading from John 9:40-41, Jesus was talking to Pharisees.  From John 10:1-5, Jesus was using the parable about the example of a shepherd, sheep, a thief, a robber and a stranger. The Pharisees were upset because they did not understand what Jesus was talking about (John 10:6).

Jesus tried to make it clearer, “I am the door of the sheep” (John 10:7). “All that ever came before Me are thieves and robbers” (John 10:8), Jesus talked about false shepherds who tried to steal the sheep, but the sheep who do not recognize the false shepherd’s voice,  the sheep will not follow them  (John 10:8). The sheep who knows the voice of their own shepherd, the sheep will follow that shepherd (John 10:3-5).

From John 10:9-18, Jesus went on and explained who the true shepherd should be. Jesus said that the true shepherd is the one that is willing to lay down his life for the sheep.  For the shepherd should be the one who cares for the sheep and protect the sheep from the wolf.

Jesus emphasized strongly that He and His heavenly Father have a very strong intimate relationship together as a Father and Son. This made the religious leaders real mad and they wanted to stone Him (John 10:20; 31, 33).  When they tried to find Jesus so they could arrest Him, but Jesus escaped out of their hand (John 10:39).

Boy!  Those religious leaders were really blind to realize that Jesus is the Messiah, the true Shepherd. When He quoted, “I am the door: by Me if any man enter in, he (anyone) shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.” Find pasture? It means only in Jesus we find His Word to feed us. Like the sheep who eats fresh green grass.

Poem: “I Am the Shepherd” written by Dorothy Callies in 1980’s

I am the true Shepherd.
            The sheep go through the door.
I am the true Shepherd.
            The sheep listen to My voice more.

I am the true Shepherd.
            I called My sheep by name.
I am the true Shepherd.
            The sheep know I am the same.

I am the true Shepherd
            And of them, I walked ahead.
I am the true Shepherd.
            Among strangers, the sheep trust Me instead.

I am the true Shepherd
            And the sheep truly do know.
I am the true Shepherd.
            The sheep truly loves me so.

I am the true Shepherd
            And the sheep listen and obey.
I am the true Shepherd.
            The sheep follow Me every day.

May the Lord bless you.  

Dorothy 
 

No comments: