Thursday, April 7, 2016

The Lord Upholds 4/6-10

06-10 April 2016 - The Lord Upholds - Manna by Dorothy Callies

Psalm 37:23, 24 KJV, “The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord: and he delighteth in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the Lord upholdeth him with His hand.”

Do you ever felt like you have fallen short of the glory of God? These verses are the word of encouragement that “though we fall down, but we would not stay fallen down because the Lord grasps our hands in support and hold us up.”

I ‘visualize’ God as a loving heart heavenly Father who would come down and pick us up. Why?  Because we are already covered with the blood of Jesus Christ by faith and He has already forgiven us by faith and renewing of our minds with His word.

If that isn’t enough to encourage you, here’s one more Scripture. Isaiah 61:3 NCV, "I will give them a crown to replace their ashes, and the oil of gladness to replace their sorrow, and clothes of praise to replace their spirit of sadness. Then they will be called Trees of Goodness, trees planted by the Lord to show his greatness.

KJV: "... to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of his splendor (to show His greatness in us).

What replace our ashes? A crown of beauty. What replace our sorrow or mourning? The oil of gladness. What replace our sadness or despair? A garment of praise. What will we be called? The oaks of righteousness or Trees of Goodness. Who planted us? The Lord planted us. Why? Because the Lord wants to show His greatness through us.

Dorothy: Doesn’t this thrill you to know what kind of God we have? Our heavenly Father doesn’t want us to be completely cast down.  I pray that the Lord grasps your hands in support and hold you up in Jesus’ name. I pray that this song will bless your heart as I came to love this song and memorize it. (The word, beyond sign ‘overlook’)

Song: He Looked Beyond My Fault
             by Dottie Rambo [Londonderry Air]
Amazing grace shall always be my song of praise,
For it was grace that bought my liberty;
I do not know just why He came to love me so,
He looked beyond my fault and saw my need.
I shall forever lift mine eyes to Calvary
To view the cross where Jesus died for me;
How marvelous the grace that caught my falling soul!
He looked beyond my fault and saw my need.


No comments: