Sunday, January 10, 2016

Come unto Me (1/11-15)

11-15 January 2016 - Come Unto Me – Manna by Dorothy Callies
Jesus said, "I am the Way, the Truth and the Life." John 14:6
May the Lord touch your heart as you come to Jesus.

Poem: Come Unto Me

Are you tired? Are you weary?
Are you feeling life is so dreary?
Come unto Me and I will give you rest.

Are you feeling restless?
Are you angry that life’s a mess?
Come unto Me and I will give you My best.

Are you feeling anxieties?
Is your mind full of worries?
Come unto Me and your mind will be at ease.

Are you feeling the worst
since the day of your birth?
Come unto Me and you shall find peace.

Are you struggling with your life?
Are you and your friends in strife?
Come unto Me and allow Me to show you.

Are you so very proud
that you couldn’t come around?
Come unto Me for I am lowly in heart, too.

Are you confused with life’s road?
Do you carry a heavy load?
Come unto Me and I will show you the Way.

Are you broken in heart
and feeling pulled apart?
Come unto Me and I will brighten your day.

Why are you so down?
Is your face darkened by a frown?
Come unto Me and with you, let Me embrace.

Are you feeling bad?
Are you feeling sad?
Come unto Me and let me give you My grace.

Poem written by Dorothy Callies in January 20, 1986

Dorothy: What this poem means to me? Early this Sunday morning I was trying to prepare myself for the Manna. There was a time when I had grown weary in well-doing. It seemed that the very life of God was drained in me. I did not feel like praying; I did not feel like ministering to anyone; and I certainly did not feel like praising. I was lacking in strength and endurance.

I turned to Jesus and He led me to read this poem several times and He spoke to my heart, “Come unto Me and I will give you rest. Come unto Me and I will give you My best. Come unto Me and your mind will be at ease. Come unto Me and you shall find peace. Come unto Me and allow Me to show you. Come unto Me for I am lowly in heart, too. Come unto Me and I will show you the Way. Come unto Me and I will brighten your day. Come unto Me and with you, let Me embrace. Come unto Me and let me give you My grace.”

I felt the spirit of heaviness left and I was clothed in the garment of praise. I began to sing this prayer song to Jesus under the anointing of the Holy Spirit. “Oh, Jesus, I love You, I know You are mine. For You all my feelings of sin I resign. My wonderful Redeemer, My Savior are Thou. Who would I ever loved Thee, but You Jesus, just now.”

Song: My Jesus, I Love Thee
By William Ralph Featherston, Sing His Praise

I love Thee because Thou hast first loved me
And purchase my pardon on Calvary’s tree;
I love Thee for wearing the thorns on Thy brow;
If ever I loved Thee, my Jesus, ‘tis now.

In mansions of glory and endless delight,
I’ll ever adore Thee in heaven so bright;
I’ll sing with the glittering crown on my brow,
“If ever I loved Thee, my Jesus, ‘tis now.”

I will began my day by proclaiming praises to my Father: “Father, this is the day that You have made. I will rejoice and be glad in it! The spirit of rejoicing, joy and laughter are my heritage. I will praise You with joyful lips. I am always filled and stirred by the Holy Spirit. Where Your Spirit is, Lord, there is liberty—freedom from bondage. I walk in that liberty.

“I speak out in psalms and hymns and make melody with all my heart to You, Lord. My happy heart is a good medicine and my cheerful mind works healing. Your joy is my strength, Lord. Then I can count it all joy, all strength, when I faced with tests or trials of any kind because I am strong in You, Lord, and in the power of Your might. I have victory in the name of Jesus. Satan is under Jesus’ feet. I will be strong in Jesus’ name. Amen!”

No comments: