Tuesday, November 17, 2015

He Looked Beyond My Fault (11/17-19)

Song: He Looked Beyond My Fault
Amazing grace shall always be my song of praise,
For it was grace that bought my liberty;
I do not know just why He came to love me so,
He looked beyond my fault and saw my need.
I shall forever lift mine eyes to Calvary
To view the cross where Jesus died for me;
How marvelous the grace that caught my falling soul!
He looked beyond my fault and saw my need.
[Song by Dottie Rambo, Londonderry Air]

God's Word says: "I will give them a crown to replace their ashes, and the oil of gladness to replace their sorrow, and clothes of praise to replace their spirit of sadness. Then they will be called Trees of Goodness, trees planted by the Lord to show his greatness.
Isaiah 61:3 NCV

"... to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of his splendor. Isaiah 61:3 KJV

Psalm 37:24
KJV: though he stumble, he will not fall, for the LORD upholds him with His hand.
AMP: Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down, for the Lord grasps his hand in support and upholds him.

What are you going through? I would sing that song; quote God's Word and allow the Holy Spirit to make intercession for those who are going through a very rough time.  There’s power in prayer, in unity, in love and a heartfelt spirit.

Prayer: Heavenly Father, Abba, thank You for that marvelous grace that You have caught our falling soul. You looked beyond our faults and saw our needs. And You lifted us up into the higher ground and set us free to love You with all our hearts. In Jesus’ name we pray. Amen!

[Manna from 2008 revised for Nov. 17-19, 2015 Manna]

No comments: