Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Word Return Void? (4/28-30)

28-30 April 2015 - Word Return Void? – Manna by Dorothy Callies

Isaiah 55:11 NKJV, ”So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth. It shall not return to Me void …”

The word, void actually means nothing; empty. NVC quoted: “The same thing is true of the words I speak. They will not return to Me EMPTY.” My translation might be like this: God said, “When I speak the Word from My mouth, it will not come back to Me for NOTHING.” It means God’s word are never cancelled or becoming nothing.

Isaiah uses a powerful picture: just as water from the sky causes things to grow physically. So the word that comes out of the mouth of God causes us to grow spiritually. Isaiah 55:10-11 says, “As the rain comes down, and the snow from heaven, and do not return there, but water the earth, and make it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower and bread to the eater; so shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; it shall not return to Me void (NOTHING), but it shall accomplish what I please, and it shall prosper in the thing which I sent it.”

I held on to that verse: “It shall not return to God for nothing.” Something must happen soon. So how are we to understand God’s ways? Here’s the encouraging words from Isaiah 46:5, 9-10 “To whom will you compare Me? Who is My equal?” 9) And do not forget the things I have done throughout the history. For I am God—I alone! I am God, and there is no one else like Me. 10) Only I can tell you what is going to happen even before it happens. Everything I plan will come to pass, for I do whatever I wish.”

Those words that God spoke about Himself is a very powerful picture of who God is. His Words says, “Do not forget the things I have done throughout the history …” His Word carries spiritual vitality or that has the ability to last forever. That’s why it doesn’t return void. It doesn’t return for nothing. To an open heart, it brings refreshment, nourishment, and a new life!

What impressed me? I think I began to understand why Manna is so important for me to study His Words. I see that studying God’s Word is refreshing every day. Even when it takes me 2-3 days to develop the Manna. It grows on me. Many studies on God’s Word have answered my deep inner questions sometimes.

Here’s the motto: “The Bible is to a thirsty soul what water is to a barren land.” In case, you asked what is motto. It is a short expression of a guiding rule of conduct or a sentence or phrase that leaves a deep impression of its meaning.

So God is asking us to trust Him because no one else is like Him!

SONG: GOD IS STILL ON THE THRONE
God is still on the throne, And He will remember His own;
Though trials may press us, and burdens distress us,
He never will leave us alone. God is still on the throne.
He never forsaketh His own; His promise is true,
He will not forsake you, God is still on the throne.
(Inspiring Choruses)

No comments: