Friday, May 10, 2013

The Secret Tabernacle

Psalm 27:5b “In the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me” KJV.

Amplified Bible reads in Psalm 27:5 “For in the day of trouble He will hide me in His shelter; in the secret place of His tent will He hide me; He will set me high upon a rock.”

Psalm 17:8 NLT: “Guard me as the apple of your eye. Hide me in the shadow of your wings.” Psalm 31:20 NLT: “You hide them in the shelter of your presence, safe from those who conspire against them. You shelter them in your presence, far from accusing tongues. Psalm 91:1 KJV: “He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.”

Those are the words of comfort that I began with only one verse of Psalm 27:5b. Then I checked out the other resources to find more notes that would expand those verses. The secret place is the same as the secret of His tabernacle. This psalm offers security for us, the children of God that we commit ourselves to the will and protection of the Almighty. We seek daily to dwell in God’s presence. We seek to abide in Christ and His word for our lives.

This does not mean that there will never be difficult times but that as long as we make God our Lord and our refuge, everything that happens to us will work out for good. Romans 8:28 tells us that “we know that all things work together for good to them that love God …”

In all these things, let us trust Him!

Song: Only Believe
Only believe, only believe
All things are possible. Only believe.
Only believe, only believe
All things are possible, only believe.

Lord, I believe; Lord, I believe
All things are possible, Lord, I believe.
Lord, I believe, Lord, I believe
All things are possible. Lord, I believe.

Jesus is here, Jesus is here
All things are possible, Jesus is here.
Jesus is here, Jesus is here
All things are possible, Jesus is here.
(Inspiring Choruses)

No comments: