Monday, March 26, 2018

The Rock 3/23-26/18

23-26 March 2018 - The Rock – Manna by Dorothy Callies

I went through a shaking time that led me to find a lot of songs relates to “The Rock” and I thought I would share this. And also verses . . . 2 Samuel 22:1 “David sang this song to the Lord when the Lord saved him from Saul and all his other enemies. 

2 Samuel 22:2-4 He (David) said: “The Lord is my rock, my protection, my Savior. My God is my rock.  I can run to Him for safety. He is my shield and my saving strength, my defender and my place of safety. The Lord saves me from those who want to harm me.  I will called to the Lord, who is worthy of praise, and I will be saved from my enemies” (NCV).

Song: The Rock Never Moves
When days are warm and the sun shine bright,
And all is beautiful and light,
My faith never wavers, My hope never dim;
For Jesus is my Rock, And I stand on Him.
Chorus:
And the Rock never moves beneath my feet,
Tho’ raging storms around me beat;
I stand secure, my safe retreat
Is Christ, the Rock of A…ges…
[Lyrics: Margot Zilch]

Dorothy: The shaking time led me to find more verses and the question was: What is God’s purpose in shaking time? Hebrews 12:26 “When he (God) spoke before, His voice shook the earth, but now He has promised, “Once again I will shake not only the earth but also the heavens. V27. The words “once again” clearly show us that everything that was made—things that can be shaken—will be destroyed.  Only the things that cannot be shaken will remain” (NCV).

So the writer quoted: “Let us be thankful, because we have a kingdom that cannot be shaken . . .” Hebrews 12:28. There’s another encouraging song that really helped me.

Song: The Solid Rock
My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus’ blood and righteousness;
I dare not trust the sweetest fame,
But wholly lean on Jesus’ name.
Chorus:
On Christ, the solid Rock I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand;
All other ground is sinking sand.
[Lyrics: Edward Mote]

Prayer: Thank You, heavenly Father for the words of encouragement in time of shaking. Thank You for the songs that encourages my soul and the center of my heart, the emotions. Thank You for keeping me strong. I remember one verse says, “The kingdom of God is within you.” Thank You for reminding me this verse. In Jesus’ name, amen!   

God bless you!   

Dorothy

No comments: