Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Hiding in Thee 3/20-22/18

20-22 March 2018 - Hiding in Thee – Manna by Dorothy Callies

Psalm 32:7 NCV, “You are my hiding place.  You protect me from my troubles and fill me with songs of salvation.” Psalm 32:7 KJV, “Thou art my hiding place; thou shalt preserve me from trouble; thou shalt compass me about with songs of deliverance.”

Songs of salvation . . . three things that salvation have meanings of:
1)  the saving of a person from sin.
2)  something that saves
3)  the saving from danger or evil
[From Franklin, Merriam-Webster technology dictionary]

In this song of deliverance, the word deliver means to set free.  Closest meaning is salvation. Many times we talk of salvation.  There was one evangelist woman on TBN TV who explained the whole picture of what salvation actually has for us. She gave a long definition and details on salvation but one thing . . .

I was impressed she mentioned that salvation includes the complete or wholeness of healing. When we accepted our Lord Jesus Christ, the healing was ours automatically.  That was part of deliverance from what ailing (health problems) our bodies. That was the wholeness of health from salvation. Any kinds of sickness is an enemy that we need deliverance from. 

So what would comfort us? Songs of salvation or songs of deliverance.  Like one example of a song, “He is able to deliver us” and more . . .  It is just something inspired me. Since then if I see or hear that word, ‘salvation’ I would remember that wholeness, the healing would always be included and I claimed that promises from God.  This was what the evangelist woman was telling us . . . to hold that promises of God, the salvation. 

The song, “Hiding in Thee,” I just happened to find that simple song and the verse seems to match well.  It was a time of comfort . . . God’s comfort to my heart . . . keep praying . . . keep believing . . . keep salvation . . . keep deliverance . . .  Psalm 32:7 NCV, “You are my hiding place.  You protect me from my troubles and fill me with songs of salvation.”

Song: Hiding in Thee
O, safe to the Rock that is higher than I,
My soul in its conflicts and sorrows would fly;
So sinful, so weary, Thine would I be;
Thou bless “Rock of Ages,” I’m hiding in Thee.
Chorus:
Hiding in Thee,
Hiding in Thee,
Thou blest “Rock of Ages,”
I’m hiding in Thee.
[Lyrics: William Orcutt Cushing, Sing His Praise]

May the Lord God bless you tremendously, 

Dorothy
PS. Tony continues to improve. It’s a slow progress, but I see improvement along the way. I called that a miracle for Tony especially he will be 81 by March 24th.  Praise the Lord for His goodness and thank you for continuing prayer. 

No comments: